Green Eyed|Norton

He'd always been possessive. He had to be. A firm line had to be set. Whatever he found was his, whatever he liked was his and whoever he liked was also his.

That was why he was glaring at Kevin like he'd killed his pet dog.

Watching from a far as the cowboy helped you up onto the horses back by the hips. Those were his! Kevin had no right touching you!

"Now just relax, let'er get used to yah." He guided the horse around the grassy area.

"Woahhh, this is really cool!" You'd never gotten to ride on a horse before! "Norty! Are you looking?!" You waved to him. But he didn't look like he was having fun sitting under the tree by himself.

Letting Kevin guide the horse around a bit longer, you had gotten a bit uncomfortable with the saddle chaffing your thighs.

"Kevin, could you help me down, please?" You asked, shyly petting the brown horses' side. Such a large animal made you nervous.

"Course missy," coming to a stop, he helped you down like the gentleman he was," so how was yer first time?"

"It was lovely, thank you! And thank you." You patted the nameless horse.

"No problem!" And he guided the horse somewhere else. With him gone, you wandered off to see just where Norton had gone. But you couldn't find him.

Disappointed you headed back to your room.

That's when you noticed how strange Norton was acting. He didn't want to come see you. He wanted to he alone. A burn version of Aesop if you will, no offense to the embalmer!

But he just wasn't himself anymore! And you missed him horribly. Weeks with him, avoiding you like mold. His lack of presence had you feeling gray.

"Aw, what's wrong, missy?" Kevin asked, fixing himself a cup of water.

"It's corny and lame..." You huffed.

"Well, I happen to like corn. What's wrong?" He sat next to you, and you immediately latched onto him. Hugging nice and tight," Woah now! Almost made me fall!" He laughed, hugging you just as tight.

"I haven't seen Nort in days, Do you think he's mad at me?" You don't remember doing anything to really make him upset.

"That boy is troubled something bad, lack of self-worth, I think. Lil insecure? Yer his first little lady, so I reckon he's at his wits end."

"Insecure? About what?" You leaned into his shoulder.

"Could be anything, looks, personality, wealth, status."

"Hmmm, well,I think I'll see if I can corner him, Oh! What if I make him some soup!" You could tell he had an eating disorder. So something other than bread and milk would do him some good! Even if he didn't want to speak at the moment.

The thing about Kevin was that he knew just about everything! How to clean, cook, repair, nurse wounds to an extent, and look after live stock! In your eyes, he was Jack of all trades.

Pushing his sleeve up, he began hunting for ingredients while you dug for silver wear, pots, and pans.

Beef and vegetable stew were on the menu!

Around the corner, Norton glared at the back of the cowboys head. He couldn't have anything, could he? No matter where he went, someone would always take something from him! It wasn't fair!

Not fair Not Fair NOT FAIR NOT FAIR!

what would it take for her to come back to him?! What more did he have to give!?

Norton shoved his hands into his pocket, ready to storm off to his room when he felt that little glass vial. It had been sitting his pocket for a while now, He'd meant to toss it. What was sealed inside was some sort of drug? Maybe? He'd left it out for one of the rats in the basement to ingest and watched as it almost immediately struggled to stay wake before passing out....

Maybe....what if he just...

"Nort? Hey! Where have you been!?" He jumped and nearly ran into the wall when you turned around to face him.

"You were busy...so I omph!" He stumbled to catch you after you'd basically charged him into a hug! William would be proud!

"Ooooo I missed you! Are you feeling better? Kevin and I made dinner! I wanted to bring you something to eat!" You were so excited to see him again! Nuzzling into his chest and swaying happily.

"Ah...yeah...I am." That anger and jealous feeling evaporated immediately. Hands coming down to pull you close. He smiled, hearing you chirp in joy at the affection.

"Yall can wash up, won't be done for another hour." Kevin washed his hands and started cleaning the dishes.

"Oh, here!" You were just about to pull away from nortons embrace when he latched onto you.

"I think lover boy missed yah."

"Don't call me that old man." He hissed, turning away from him," ___, we need to talk."

"Now?" It would be rude to just leave Kevin with all the clean up. But Norton was already nudging you out of the kitchen.

"Go on, I'll be fine."

"Oh, ok! Uh! Sorry! I'll help you next time, ack! Norton slow down!" You hardly had any time to say goodbye before getting stolen away!

He didn't let you stop. Still, he was in the safety of your room. Why he decided to come to your girly room you had no idea! Sitting on your semi poorly stitched sheets with lace from Violetta, you were sat down on the edge roughly.

"What's your problem you've been so distant, are you upset?"

"Kinda...." he trailed off, kicking his shoes off and climbing into bed with you.

"Are you going to tell me?" He tossed himself over the bed to lay his head down into your lap. 'He's cute when he's clingy.' Imminently, you discarded his hat and played with his hair. Something that always made him relax.

He was purring in your lap.

"Do you like him?"

Now that had you confused," who?"

"The old man..." he didn't know how he felt about Kevin. The old fool was too damn nice, offering to teach him things and hang out.

"Old man...oh Kevin? Norty, he reminds me of my dad, is that what you're worried about?"

Norton cringed at his own emotions and buried his face into your stomach.

"Listen. I like you a lot and- ugh your crushing my ovaries! Sit up!" Helping him up you could see the bags under his eyes, "Norton...love, you have to take better care of yourself." You held his face in your hands," You're too perfect to waste away like this, promise me you'll come eat, right?"

"Mmhm." He felt nice and warm here.

"And you'll let me help with your hair?"

"Mhm."

"Hmmm." How could you not want to kiss him?

From under his eye lashes. Norton basked in seeing your face melt when kissing him. He loved that face. So cute and soft.

...

What other faces could you make?

Pulling back, he pressed his forhead to yours.

"I'll try." It wasn't that he didn't want to eat, but it was hard. He wanted to eat, but looking at large plates of food always turned him off. He felt like if he tried, it was sit in his gut like a stone. He'd get sick and wanna throw up. Yet he craved more. To taste something other than grass, milk and bread.

"I want to see you nice and healthy." You could work on fixing your diet as well," but you're so cute when you're jealous."

"Wasn't jealous."

You let out a wuff when he used his body weight to practically curl up on top of you and smiled. Holding him close.

"Of course not."