get a bit closer |college Au Gannie slowburn

A/n: I'm not very good at slowburns so this may feel a bit repetitive
I had permission to do it for the very talented Kaidown on Twitter! https://twitter.com/whatiskaidown/status/1608756051230470145?t=h2RTt44svxyVrlpDzELXcg&s=19
Please go check her out!
----------------

If there was one thing someone could tell you about Ganji, it was that he was very, very protective of his friends. He was a friendly young man who adored being outside! Loved nature and loved his mama even more!

So, to find the young athlete cooped up inside school when he could be outside playing, willingly! Naib knew something was up. And not to be a gossip goose! But he immediately ran off to go find Mike and William.

During after hours, he didn't have to worry about teachers getting onto him about 'fixing' his uniform. Outside the warm summer, humidity slapped him upside the head.

"Oi! Guess who I saw in the library!" Naib yelled at William, who was expertly dodging his teammates in some half assed game of 'Let's see who can get the ball away from the captain!' It was classic!

"Who!?" William chucked the ball to his co captain who took over as he wiped his face off with a towel he'd brought and drank his water out of...an empty Hersheys chocolate bottle

Weird, I know, but if there was one thing you'd have to know about William Webb Ellis was that he was NOTORIOUS for leaving and forgetting his water bottles. The man couldn't keep up with them to save his life! So he just used whatever was clean, new, and had a top on it. And when I mean anything, I mean it!

"Ganji."

"What?!? No way! Are you sure it wasn't...you know...the S word?"

Naib made a face at him, "Kevin been telling you more native folk lore again?" The S word being a skin walker. And even Naib and to admit. The Native monster...demon or whatever the hell it was also had him checking his surroundings. Not that he would tell anyone that, not even the old vet.

William nodded.

"Pussy." And punched the taller man in the arm.

"I'll step on you. Now, what was he doing? Was he actually studying math!? Without me!?" He whined. William hated math so he'd do anything to have someone do it with him.

"No, he was in the engineering section or something. Maybe his mom asked him to help build something for their chickens?" He waved a misquote away from his face.

"Maybe...wait you said Engineering? Like crafting and building stuff, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Hahhaha! I think I know where this is going!" And tossed his arm over naibs shoulder and moved him somewhere private, "This stays between us, got it?"

"Yeah, so what's up?"

"Ok, this all happened a few weeks ago!"
.
.
.
About two weeks ago, during practice, ganji had been out helping take care of the sports field. Picking of trash, repainting the lawn, nothing fancy. That's when some idiot threw a ball a little too hard, and it spirled out of control.

He didn't see her at first, but his eyes caught sight of her bright red hat, and he moved before he even realized what was going on! He dropped his trash bag and moved to curl around in front of her, taking the ball face first.

"Ow shit!" He rubbed his wet nose.

"Oh my god!" She screamed!

"Sorry!" A random student yelled as ganji tossed the ball back," You ok!?"