The storm|Victor

Out of all the seasons, Victor enjoyed spring the most. Despite the nose destroying amount of pollen, it was better than having snow filled socks and scorching heat! That wasn't to say he didn't like Summer but the random storms he could do without!

So many letters ruined, so many packages flushed away by hurricane winds and storms! He himself had almost gotten snatched up by one once while on a route! Kinda like right now!

What used to be a beautiful summer afternoon suddenly turned into a battle of keeping his, and Wicks, feet on the ground!

He had one more letter to deliver at the very end of the Cul de sac! Victor winced at the feeling of water stabbing his face. Wick looked like she was ready to blow over! But thankfully, they both managed to reach the door safely.

"Ruogh!" Wick barked. She knew this house well! The lady here always had treats for them! And with three heavy knocks, wicks tail wagged harder and harder.

"Yes? Oh my gosh, Victor! Your soaked to the bone! Come in!" You ushered the post man and his friend into your warm cottage. It was an old home you got from your now deceased grandparents. But it was well kept! "Here, let me get you a towl!" Grabbing two big fluffy towls, you brought them back and let the two post officers dry off in your living room.

While Victor rung the water out of his hair, you tossed another log into the fireplace.

"It's getting worse... I don't think it'll be safe to travel in that." You winced seeing a bright streak of lightning shoot across the sky.

Victor nodded. Even he wouldn't step out into a storm like that. He had packages to deliver! And speaking of delivering things. He'd almost forgotten the letter he was supposed to give you!

Digging in his soaked satchel, he let out a horrified gasp as the water had soaked through the satchel and ruined it!

"Hm? What's wrong?" You noticed he suddenly seemed distraught and handed you a floppy, saggy letter," Oh, that's right, I was expecting a letter today, wasn't I?"

He bowed his head in shame. How could he have been so careless?! This wouldn't do! Not at all! When he got back, he'd find a way to improve his satchel! Something rain proof!

"Oh Victor, it's ok! Really! I know you take your job seriously, and I appreciate it."

He was glad his dedication was acknowledged, but that still didn't erase the fact that he'd ruined your letter. He normally didn't feel close to the people he delivered, too. After all, they were just faces to him. Facts he could look back and reflect on.

But you were always nice to him. Inving him inside to warm up for a moment. Brewing him another cup of coffee or tea, sometimes even hot chocolate when you had a spare pouch. And of course, Wick got her treats.

"I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, and I understand if you don't want too but um... you know what? Hold on." You stood and left for your room. Pulling out and envalop and sealing it. Coming back to the living room, you handed him a new letter," This is for you, but only read it when you're home!"

He nodded and carfully tucked it away in his slowly drying satchel.

He was beyond excited! This was the first time anyone had ever written a letter to him! Of all people! What kind of face would he make when he finally read it?

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot to ask if you were thirsty or hungry!"

He was actually a little bit hungry.

"I have some snacks in my pantry and some leftover lasagna. If you like that, I can heat some up for you....oh no, it's no problem!"

Victor sat in the kitchen, looking around at the decoration. It was more 1900s style. Old porcelain dogs and cats sat up high on dusty shelves. Copper pots and strawberry covered kitchen drapes that hung in the window. Not to mention, it smelled like freshly cooked food! He could always appreciate good food. The skin was semi full of dishes he knew wick would to lick clean!

Digging in the taste of cheese melted on his tongue. He was very impressed with how good it tasted and told you so!

"Well, if you like it so much, you're always welcome to come by....Aw, are you sure you have to go soon?" You looked outside and saw that it was still raining but not nearly as bad," Are you sure? You can stay longer if you'd like, I really don't mind!"

Victor fixed his hat and patted Wick on the side, letting her know it was time to go.

"Well, if you must, at least let me give you an umbrella!" You had one on the inside of the closet,"it really was nice to see you again, Victor, and please don't forget my letter!" You stressed, handing him the umbrella.

He gave a tip of his hat.

"See you soon then, be safe! Bye, wick!" And just like that, the two were on their way again.

Once the two had finished clocking out for the day. Victor was quick to rush home and pull out his favorite letter opener!

'What could she have wanted to tell me a thought letter that she couldn't say to my face?' With a satisfying rip, Victor began reading.

I'm sorry if this seems rude to speak through the letter. I find that it's easier to convey my feelings this way. I wanted to say that iv always enjoyed the small moments we've had over the few years. And that I would like to get to know you more. I understand if this goes against company policy or if you don't feel the same way. But seeing you and Wick brightens my life up every day. Sincerely,____.

He blushed. You liked him? Like, as in like liked him? He rubbed his neck and then his face.

'What do I do?' He sighed before grabbing a pen and paper himself.

Dear, ____...