Stars on paper| ParaSignal🍋

The doors hissed, pushing out warm air as they slid apart, allowing access to the balcony. The protective dome allowed her to gaze among the endless stars as they traveled across the inky void. As beautiful as view was, she couldn't help but feel home sick. No sun, no grass, not even those annoying bugs! Well, unless she snuck into Echosphears lab. But she valued her hair.

So she gazed longingly out and up at the stars. Eventually, someone would ask her to come fix something.

"So this is where you've been."

She jumped and placed a hand over her heart," Para! You spooked me!"

"Sorry, Old habits die hard."

"It's fine, but if you keep doing that, I'll have to put a bell on you!" She teased, fixing her tool belt unconsciously.

"If you can catch me, I'll even let you braid my hair."

"Carful, I'm pretty sneaky when I need too be, You'd look pretty cute with a bell and braids."

"Ha." He laughed and rested over the balcony." You know... I kinda miss them, you know?"

"Yeah, but I don't blame them, but I just don't trust a machine like that to keep me safe for years."

"I agree, especially if there haven't been any real tests for it, I can only imagine how cold it is in there." Para tucked his camo shirt back in and glanced at her," I miss my mom."

"That was random, but yeah... I miss mine too. I especially the sasages she used to have our cook make. They were spicy and were so good with spicy mustard!"

"I always figured you didn't like spicy stuff."

"Is it because I'm white?"

He choked in the air," wh- no!"

She laughed," it's fine, I don't blame you!"

"Come on, that's not what I meant."

She laughed harder," I know, Para. I know, I'm just messing with you..." She patted his arm and twirled the wrench between her hands," We've been up here for so long. It feels like we'll never reach that planet." There was only so much tinkering she could do before she got fed up and went crazy.

"You can always come work out with me, you know."

"No thanks, I don't want to end up looking like a body builder."

"You won't! Promise."

"You say that, and then I'll come out looking like I eat,drink,sleep steroids." She flexed her arms and legs. Sticking the poses body builders would do," Herrrr! Yerrrrrr! Oh yeah, welcome to the gun show!" She grunted.

He cracked a smile," dramatic as always, huh?" He rolled his shoulder and held up a stone from a planet they'd made a pitstop at.

Space mineing had gone and grabbed some rocks and geods using his shovle while they were docked. He'd given everyone a chunk of it before the night he got into his cryo pod.

"Remember when Echosphear had made some sort of planet beast mad? I had to carry her and bomer back to the ship?"

"Binary star was, not happy," She vividly remembers him scolding the two for messing with unknown life," I miss them as well."

It was lonely. Not to mention, she was starting to get cabin fever.

"Oh my god, I think I'm going to explode." She huffed.

"Don't do that."

"Why not?"

"Cause I'll miss you."