Coming home| Gannie

Carving out a new arm out of one of the many gems being dug out of the ground. Tremolite looked up. The moon was directly overhead. It was already so late.

"Where is he?" He was usually back by now.

Behind her, there was a crash,"Wolf, is that you? I told you to be careful about Tungsten?!" Their ever faithful runner had lost one of his legs and was using his wrench to wobble through the caves.

"Found... new ore depot.... back pocket." He huffed. Black smoke sputtering from his other mechanical leg.

"Forget about the ore! What happened!?" Putting his arm over her shoulder. Tremolite helped him into her workshop.

"Made a mistake..." he huffed, holding the shards of his arm," ran into a pack of chompers, nearly chewed my damn arm off."

"I can see that!" She helped him onto a cot and took his jacket off," You should have asked Wolframite or Fluorite! Surely they could have helped you!"

"Those slow pokes? Ha! I don't think so."

His rock like skin was cracked, exposing his blue gem like innards as she quickly disposed of the broken leg.

"Geez, I can't believe you! Always getting into trouble! Gosh, where is it!" She tore through her boxes of unfiltered ore and pushed them out of the way. Sitting in a box next to unfiltered Tungsten ore were the other sets of legs shed made for him.

She was quick to recalibrate and attach them to his torso.

After that she took a bowl of unfiltered tungsten and brought it over to him. Holding piece After small piece to the holes in his body and arm. Some rook to him and joined the microorganisms in his body while some rejected him.

"Ok how do you feel?"

"Better, less hollow you know?" The organisms his body were weak, but as long as he could rest in the run room to let them photosynthesis, he'd be fine," thanks, as usual."

Tremolite sighed and sat next to him," Just try to be more careful? Please? I don't know what I'd do if Fluorite brought back just a shard." So many of their kind had been lost to the mines. To chompers, cave ins, so many things could happen!

"Hey, hey, look at me?" He stopped halfway after pulling his shirt and blue face mask off. She looked up at him with those sad puppy eyes, and he felt like kicking himself," I'll be more careful. I'll even bring Wolframite with me if it'll make you feel better."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise." He kissed her nose,"I'm sorry for stressing you out, I keep forgetting that.... that I have someone who's waiting for me. I'm just... I guess I'm just used to being along? I don't know."

She smiled at him,"I just want you to be safe, that's all, now rest, I'll have some clean clothes out for you soon."

"Ah, thanks."

Turning her back to him. She let him get dressed and dug for some spare clothes. Setting them out, she went and grabbed his torn up jacket. Even with the holes in the back, it still looked good. And since he wasn't using them....

"Hehe."

Taking off her hat, she slipped his goggles on along with his mask and jacket.

"Huh... not bad..." he had good taste. Now where did he put that, "ah!" Reaching down to grab his wrench, she strained herself to try and pick it up.

"Geez! He swings this around all day with one arm!?" Not to mention the metal shot put balls he used as ammo. Just how strong was Tungsten?

"You'll hurt yourself like that."

"TUNG?!" She dropped the wrench and avoided ogling at his body. All he had on was a towl. He'd even gone so far as to let his hair down. It had gotten longer and covered his eyes. Leaving just that damn cocky smile of his!

"Here, like this." He grabbed his wrench and placed it her hands," and then..." Getting behind her Tungsten helped her swing it properly without straining herself.

Whoosh!
Whoosh!
Whoosh!

"Got it?"

She shuddered, feeling him speak right into her neck. He knew what he was doing! He knew it!

"Uh huh, uh, thanks." She sat it back down and quickly stripped herself of his gear.

"Hey, whyd you stop?" He asked,sitting in his  chair.

"What?"

"Keep going."

It took a moment to get what he was asking for. Locking her workshop door, Tremolite decided that she'd be trying on his clothes more often.