Ruby under the moonlight|Gannie

A/N : I got permission from the author to do this ONLY I CANT FIND THE ARTIST ANYMORE CAUSE I LOST THE LINK

There's a slight chill in the catacombs. The only sound to be heard is the soft click click click of heels meeting cobblestone.

"Are you sure he's down here?" Andrew whispered. Candles sat in large clumps scattered around the catacombs.

"It's either that or he's dead." The exorcist replied. Double and triple checking his throwing knives. They'd been walking for a while now. Long enough for their noses to go base blind to the stale air and musk," Do we have an emergency exit path?"

"I haven't seen anything that could be used as one. We'll just have to pray that nothing blocks our exit."

"Hmm."

They eventually came upon what looked like to be a secret, underground room. It looked to be well taken care of. No cobwebs, the air seemed to be more filtered and wait-

Crouching down, Aesop looked over the balcony and was met with a coven of witches.

'Damn, that's more than I expected' a small handful yes but twenty? That was a lot even for him.

Andrew glanced over at him as this slowly crept deeper into the coven.

There seemed to be some sort of ceremony happening. With a vampire queen guiding them all. Her massive statuer towered over everyone as the chatter came to stop.

'What are they doing?' He squinted into the dimly lit cavern. The queen looked to be expecting something. Blond hair tucked into a crown around her head.

Tap tap tap tap

New foot steps.

He started moving just a bit closer. Aesop could see a man dressed in similar clothes to the queen. His back was turned to him, so he couldn't check to see if he was under hypnosis or not.

"What do we do?" Andrew whispered, this was starting to get out of hand.

"We aren't going to take them all on. We'll come back when it's empty or there are fewer witches." But he wanted to see what was going on. This queen had to have been the reason why so many people were starting to disappear. If he could figure out the reason, then he could form a solution.

"You love me, don't you?" She asked the brown skinned man, large hand petting the back of his hair.

"Of course I do."

"Even knowing what I am?"

"That means nothing to me."

More chattering and hushed whispers.

"Then you'll give yourself to me, mind body and soul?"

"I will."

Aesop hadn't noticed it before, but the book sitting on the alter shook and rattled. Writing something down as the Queen leaned down into the males embrace.

"Then you'll be mine for eternity."

'Shit.' Reflexes kicking in. aesop reached for his knife but stopped himself. If he attacked now, it would be a death sentence for both of them.

The blond nightmare of a woman kissed the underside of the man's neck before leaning in to bite him.

Both exorcist could hear his sharp gasp of pain as she drained him dry. Leaning onto her for support till his skin turned a sickly gray.

It was difficult to watch. Seeing an innocent man get lured into a trap and becoming food for an undead creature. Aesop expected the man to begin the transformation of turning into a ghoul. But it never came. He still seemed relatively human. No large hunched back or massive jaw. He couldn't hear any bones breaking or shifting into something new.

Just what we're they witnessing?

When the queen pulled back, lips running red with blood. Aesop could see the man cradling her in a gentle, loving embrace.

With her slightly raised position, Aesops grip tightened when his gray eyes made direct contact with her red ones.

Not wasting a single moment, Aesop took Andrew and ran. God have mercy on their souls.