morning misting| Eli

Brooke sat as she always did on Eli's head. Watching her partner cook as he gently pawed around for different items.

"Eli!"

At the sound of a voice, both he and Brooke jumped!

"You do that on purpose, I swear." Eli scolded, listening to you come around the kitchen island to sit and eat his sandwich.

"Sorry,  but where's Brooke?"

"On my head."

"On your- oh there you are pretty girl!" You patted the top of her head,"such a pretty girl."

Yes, Brooke knew she was pretty! She was the prettiest of all girls! And she was glad someone finally acknowledged her as such!

"Keep saying that, and she'll get an ego, isn't that right, Brooke?" He playfully attacked her plume with his fingers only for her to nibble at his fingers,"so cold Brooke, even after all we've been through together?"

The bird flew from his head to your lap instead.

"I think she's made her choice, Eli." You laughed, feeling her make biscuits on your lap and getting comfortable.

"I see how it is, I guess I'll just keep all this extra ham for myself! And here I was going to be a good partner and share."

Hmph! As if she could be bought with just a slice of ham.

"You don't mean that! Give her some ham! She deserves it!"

Eli hummed," Hmmm, I don't know, does she? She's been awfully sassy. "

"Fool! Of course I do!" Brooke huffed, letting her beak be rubbed.

Taking some ham, you fed it to her," such a pretty girl."

"She due for a misting, she getting a bit stinky," knowing she'd attack Eli shielded his face from her annoyed pecks.

"Stinky!? How dare you! I ought to peck out your eyes! Foolish , foolish human!"

"Now look at what you've done, Eli! Don't listen to him, Brooke, you don't stink!"

"Oh, I beg to differ," Getting up, he grabbed the spray bottle that was sitting next to the sink, "Ready Brooke? All done eating?"

She hooted at him.

"___, are you coming?" He opened the porch door and kneeled on the concrete. Brooke hopped from your shoulder and onto the ground.

Brooke then spread her wings as Eli started misting her body. Hooting and cooing in joy.

"Oh my gosh, she is so cute, her little sounds!"

"She cute when she isn't being a pain."

But yes, Eli had to agree, Brooke was very cute!