Days gone by|Kevin

Thick dust exploded from the floor with each step you took. Skirting around filled tables and leather boots, you sat a tray down at a small table in the back.

"Here yah are Kev, On the rocks and some Shepards pie, just the way yah like it."

"Ay now, I ain't even know you was working tonight, sweetness! How yah been?" Kevin jumped and happily pulled you into a quick hug.

"Aw, I been fine, Could do without the drunkards, but I ain't have no trouble, How's miss. Suzi Q?"

"Dramatic as always!"

"Sounds like her, I- shit hold on. HEY! SIT YER ASSES DOWN! YAH WANNA SHOOT EACH OTHER YAH GO OUTSIDE! YAH HEAR ME?!" You screeched, reaching for your own weapon hidden under your dress.

The two drunks stumbled out into the semi busy road to fight. Well, it wasn't really a fight, more like them trying to punch each other and missing.

"I swear, I'm glad yah ain't like them old fools." You seethe, crossing your arms for a moment only to yelp when he'd tugged you to sit on his lap,"speaking of fools, yah sure yah alright?"

"I'm sure." He rested his forhead on your shoulder. Basking in the heat of another human. So many nights under the stars and on the cold, hard ground had almost made him forget how warm hands could be.

"Yah went'n knicked yerself bad..." You could see a new deep gash on the back of his hand. Kissing, it sighed, wishing he'd stop getting himself hurt, "well ill yah go so you can eat."

He was disappointed at you leaving him so soon, but his stomach was growling horribly.

"But before yah go love i -" He paused when you put a finger to your lips.

"Once you pay here and finish up, I'll meet you in my room, ok?"

Kevin just about choked on his spit. Those heavy bedroom eyes you were giving him had him weak.

"Yes, ma'am." It had been some time since he'd given you some love'en. He'd send you letters while being on the rode but nothing compares to finally being back.

Now he really had something to look forward to!

Finishing off his dinner, he paid and headed upstairs to your room with the key he kept hidden around his neck. It was late, so he knew he needed to shower first. He wouldn't be caught dead looking and smells like roadkill before his lady!

Cleaning up and making himself proper, he took the time to really explore your room. The new blankets, lamp decorated with silk, rug, and vanity set were all new. But your room was still as cluttered as it usually was.

"Glad to see things ain't changed." He was quick to fold the many, many blankets you had and cleaned up! If there was one thing he learned, it was that doing housework was just as much as a man's job as a woman. So after putting all your papers away, he got to sewing. Knowing how to mend things was extremely important! He'd seen plenty of men his age lose fingers from the cold because they couldn't fix their own gear.

He was glad his eyes had been opened growing up.

All skills were important to survival, even the 'lesser work'.

"There you are." Closing the behind yourself, you sat in his lap,"I missed you." It felt so nice to see him again. Fingers buried in his hair, Undoing the twists, he usually works," Welcome back."

He rested his head in the crook of your neck," it's good to be back."