the 'talk'

The atmosphere softened after dinner and onyx was a little relieved her father didn't pull out the embarrassing baby pictures, that would have been the most awkward thing at the table since she hated being humiliated by her old man. She was walking with him to the exit with a dense hallways echoing with each step they took on the harsh cracked floors, the large oni would glance down at her for a few seconds before going back into his stone cold expression his crimson eyes glowing in the dim shadows of the hall, onyx could feel such eyes being pointed at her like she was a jewel found in the dim sands of the dessert, "you know you can't hide this forever" he suddenly spoke, onyx knew what he was going to talk about, oni season, it wasn't like mating season or migration, no, it was the time were young oni's would have to embrace thier anger and become one with every piece of darkness in thier hearts. It was described as a terrifying and painful experience to her or so she heard, she wanted to avoid it all as much as possible since she could loose all sense in humanity, "I know, I just want to keep them out of it" she said looking down at the floor as her eyes traced the cracks, drake and duke know about oni season so they were planning ahead to go down to the jungle kingdom do get away from it all. The problem was that if her guests stay there for a longer recovery they could whiteness what a real oni could do, "I understand that, but I suggest you head over to the monastery when the time comes,and I'll be there waiting" she knew her father would try to help as much as possible with this upcoming situation but with the others around to see it, she didn't want them to see what shed become. She didn't like the fact that she'd have to face such a harsh part of growing up, her brother didn't even know about it until it was too late, "I appreciate your offer but I don't think that will be the right environment for the upcoming predicament" she said in a plain tone, she could see the large doors coming closer with each step she took as the old banners swayed slightly with thier dark color palette being deemed visible as the purple eyes were gleaming in such a dim lighted area, she opened the doors seeing the sunsetting sky as the clouds changed into the light hints of blue and vibrant pink seeing the kingdoms in the far horizon the teca kingdoms gold shining in the suns light "well if you ever change your mind, you know we're to find me oxi" he said before his skeleton guards appeared from the sides of the palace thier bones rattling as they moved, onyx didn't mind but she did find thier actions quite confusing since she remembered seeing them enter the palace but how did they even get out here without her seeing?, She was puzzled but then guessed her father ordered them to stay outside of the palace entrance for an unknown reason. They walked off into the forest below as the moon nearly rised into the shaded sky seeing the snow white moon glow in such a color filled sky, onyx had doubt but she had to accept some sort of help without it becoming a problem and enter fearing with her relationships with people. But how?