the echoing chorus

The large dark oni made her way to the ruined palace her flames burning as she flew in the darkening sky, the thick clouds looming around her. She was still filled with fury for the entire flight back to the dark palace, Zatz and camazotz were quiet since they left the underworld, remembering the bone heads death, they never expected Onyx out of all people to completly loose thier cool and kill the most powerful being in the underworld. The memory was lingering in thier heads as they thought more into it, the oni were thought to eat people and could shapeshift to lure in thier victims, it was all just quiet in the atmosphere around the trio, with Drake and Duke gone Onyx would be the only being left in the palace when the bat rulers leave making them think if they should stay, permanently, now that lord mictlan is dead and the gods are free Wich meant they could do whatever they want without any risk of death. "Onyx, I can fly you don't have to-" he stopped seeing her angry filled eyes stare at him with hate making him look down "never mind" he mumbled and the oni turned to look forward glaring daggurs at the palace in the distance, her dark skin feeling like a warm river, Zatz looked back up at her before his eye widened and looked at her tear soaked face, her face formed in a hatred filled scowl as they fell down her face with the wind, he wanted to help, console her, but he knew in her current form he can't do anything but hope she'll calm down eventually. Camazotz could feel such a sorrow around them, Drake and Duke were by far the most fun filled skulls the bat royals have ever met despite thier unknown origins but they could be helpful and such comedians, the dark oni hissed her purple flames burning brighter as the wind blew through her thick white hair.

Good luck your majesty!

We will be there every non-existent step of the way!

Don't ever stop trying!

Onyx could still here thier voices echoing at the back of her head, she didn't want to feel this emotional, she hasn't cried like this in years. The last time she cried was when she lost her greatest soldier, Inves, she was a old stubborn woman who was 69 and died from lung cancer, she met her in a old tea shop near her father's of fortress, Inves knew all about plants and thier healing values before going into war, she had 2 sons and 4 grand children. The memories of everyone she lost in her life dawned on her making her cry even more without making a sound trying not to draw attention to herself.