Chapter 8

A/N

Just wondering what you guys think so far. Don't be afraid to comment and vote! Also, what do you guys think about the new cover? Anyways... Back to the story!!!

Throughout the class I would catch Chad looking at me. I'd give him a smile and then I would go back to my work. I was constantly checking my phone to see if Carter had texted back, which he didn't. I was starting to get a little impatient.

"So what's up?" I looked to my right and saw Chad sitting next to me with a casual smile. Little did he know that I knew what he did. I swallowed my anger.

"Carter isn't here and he has the script. I've been trying to get ahold of him, but he won't pick up" I said.

"That's too bad"

"I lost my copy of the script so... Yeah..." I said.

"Well, lets hope nothing else goes missing." He said. I saw an evil look flash across his face. I just nodded. He pat me on the back and then got up and went to Chris' group. Was he hinting at something? Does he know that Hayley's at my place? Oh my god. What about her family?

The bell rang and I left the room as soon as possible. I walked out of the door and bumped into a man with dirty blonde hair and a beard. He looked worried and in a rush.

"Sorry" I said.

"It's not your fault. Is Mr. Gilbert in here?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Just wondering. What's your name?" He asked.

"Logan... What's yours?"

"Jeremy, but most of my friends call me Jerm." he said, holding out his hand. He pulled me close. "Don't let Chad know where Hayley is, and don't got to work today, they are planning on getting you" he said.

"How do you?" I said.

"Hayley called me. Chad doesn't know that I know" he said.

"Why don't we call the cops?" I said.

"We don't want to put anyone else in danger" he said. He let go of my hand and put on a big smile before walking past me and entering the auditorium. Instead of going to gym, I left and went home. I walked into the house. It was quieter than normal. I saw a note on the counter.

Logan,

Your dad and I left this morning on another business trip. Sorry we didn't spend any time together, but we'll make it up to you when we get back which should be in about a week or two. Love you.

-Mom

I walked into my room and I found Hayley still curled up onto the bed. There were tissues strewn across the room. I picked up my garbage can and started throwing them away. Then, I heard a knock on the door. I quietly walked to the front door and opened it to find Carter.

"We need to talk" he said. He seemed nervous and I noticed the bruising around his throat.

"Who did this to you?" I asked.

"They're watching, lock the door, leave your phone, and come with me. I set all my stuff down and locked the door before I left with him. We started walking down the street. He wasn't being himself. He wasn't talking or anything.

"Who is they?" I asked.

"Someone you wouldn't expect" he said. We made it to the park and we started walking down one of the trails. We had been walking for a food ten minutes down the path when I was jerked backward. I fell on my back and the wind was knocked out of me. I rolled over and got kicked in the side. I was pushing off the ground when I felt a kick hit me in the gut. I yelped in pain and fell right back down to the dirt. I felt a hand tangle into my hair and it pulled as hard as I could. I tried to follow to where they were pulling the hair till I got punched in the face. I heard a crack when they hit my face again. I felt something warm starting to ooze down from my nostril. I clawed at the hand.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed. Instead, I heard laughter. It wasn't just one person either. The person let go of my hair and I fell down to the ground again. I felt kicking and punching all over my body. I put my arms up in an attempt to shield myself from the hits, but it was unsuccessful. My eyes were shit tight and my muscles were tensed, but the pain was enormous. I don't know how long it went on. Eventually it stopped and I heard heavy footsteps running away from me. I opened my eyes and saw a group of people running my way. I looked and saw Carter with a bloody nose curled up next to a tree holding his head. I realized he had a huge gash on his forehead. I tried to sit up, but the pain was too much. I started to feel light headed.

"Are you okay?" A voice said. I felt my eyelids get heavy and I passed out.

A/N

Uh Oh... Logan got beat up. I'm pretty sure you guys know who it was, but if you don't, it was Chad, Taylor, and their group. What do you think about Jeremy? Can Logan trust him, or is he just tricking them?