Chapter 12

I woke up next to Hayley again, but this time she was awake. She was lying on her back as she stared at the ceiling. Then I realized that my arms were holding onto her. I quickly removed them from her. She looked at me and giggled.

"Sorry... I move around a lot in my sleep" I said.

"I noticed. I don't really mind though" she said.

"Oh" is all I could manage to get out. She laughed a little more audibly now.

"I think your parents left already." She said.

"I'll go check" I said as I sat up.

"I'll go with you because I'm hungry and I want to eat" she said.

"Okay" I said as I ran my fingers through my tangled hair. We both stood up and walked around the house. Their car was gone too so I assumed that they had left. I got back in the kitchen to see Hayley fixing up some food.

"Whatcha making?" I asked.

"Omelets. You want one, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, that'd be awesome" I said. I heard a knock on the door. I went to go get it. It was Jeremy.

"Is now a good time?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay guys, you can come out" he said. A group of people entered the house behind him. For some reason they looked really familiar.

"Hey Logan" one of them said. I closed the door and turned around to see Andy, Vic, Alex, Tay, Jenna, Ariel, jack, and Zac.

"Hey" I said.

"Wait, you're the one helping Hayley?" Jack asked. I nodded.

"Oh, hey guys!" Hayley said. She turned to me. "Breakfast is ready" she said. I nodded and walked into the kitchen. I could hear the noise growing with laughter.

"It's good to see you again Hayles!" I heard one of them say.

"When did spongebob come back to town?" Another said. Their nicknames made me laugh with them. I ate the omelet and went back to my room to change for the day. I put on some sweatpants, a tank top, and a black hoodie. I walked out into the living room and sat down next to Jeremy.

"This is so weird." Tay commented as she looked between Hayley and I.

"What is?" Hayley asked.

"She's the person we tried to help at the park and it ends up that she's the one helping you." she said.

"Well, I guess" Hayley said.

"So what's the deal with you two?" Ariel said pointing at me and Hayley.

"She's just letting me stay here" Hayley said.

"What about her parents?" Andy asked.

"They think we're dating" I said.

"And they're cool with her staying here" Zac asked.

"For the most part" Hayley replied.

"So wait a second... The guys who beat you up are the people who are after Hayley?" Alex asked. I nodded.

"Well shit" Jack said. I laughed at his reaction.

"So, I guess we're staying her and watching over you guys for a couple of days." Andy said.

"Thank you guys so much" I said. Andy smiled at me.

"No problem" he replied.

"Good thing I brought my guitar or this place would get boring, fast" Tay said.