Chapter 24

"Nope, you have to wait out here" she said.

"But it's my bathroom" I whined.

"And I'm your girlfriend." She said. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Fine" I said. Tay and Jenna laughed at us from inside the bathroom. I gave Hayley a quick kiss and then she shut the door on me. I smiled to myself and flopped down on my bed. I went on my phone and listened to music while playing a game for about an hour. After that I got really bored and went to go ask my parents where we were going tonight for dinner.

"Where are we going for dinner?" I asked my mom. 

"Remember that friend of yours? I think her name was Kim?" Mom said.

"Kimmie?" I asked with disbelief.

"Yeah, her and her parents invited us to dinner. Since she's your friend we thought we could all go. We asked if your girlfriend could come and they said yes" she said happily. I was still shocked from the whole thing quite frankly. I didn't want to talk-let alone- have dinner with her. Plus, her dad was the principle of the school. 

"Oh... Um... Hayley said that she's meeting up with her family tonight" I lied.

"Oh, that's good for her. I'm glad!" She said.

"Um... Yeah" I said. I turned around and walked back into my room. I know they weren't finished but I knocked on the bathroom door.

"You can't come in Logan, I thought I made that clear" I heard them all laughing. 

"Hayley, it's really important. I'm not kidding." I said through the door.

"Nope" she said.

"Hayley, I'm not kidding" I said. Jenna opened the door and blocked my view from Hayley.

"Whatcha need?" She asked with a smile.

"I need to talk to Hayley about something really important" I said. She looked at Hayley and back at me.

"Sorry sponge bob," she said as she moved out of the way. I stepped in and saw Tay cutting Hayley's hair.

"Don't move" Tay said to Hayley.

"What is it?" Hayley asked.

"You can't go to the dinner" I said.

"Why not?"

"Because it's dinner with the principle of the school... You know... Your boss" I said.

"What?" She asked.

"I told my parents that you were going to talk to your parents tonight" I said.

"Okay" she said. Tay finished up and put the scissors down while she combed through Hayley's damp hair.

"Done" Tay said.

"It looks good babe" Jenna said as she wrapped her arms around Tay. Hayley turned to me.

"Promise you won't have too much fun without me?" She asked.

"I promise" I said as I looked at her. She looked so different, but in a good way of course. She was beautiful. Her hair had been cut short and it was starting to dry. 

"Do you like it?" She asked hopefully.

"No" I took a few steps to get closer to it. "I love it. I also love you" I said as I pulled her into a hug. She kissed me and I held on to her. 

"Awww" I heard Jenna and Tay in the background. Hayley pulled away blushing. I smiled to myself and let go of her.

"We'll go" Tay said. She grabbed Jenna's hand and started pulling her out of the bathroom.

"But Tay! SpongeBob and Logan! We need to make a ship name! They're sooooo adorable together!" Jenna complained. We all laughed.

"How about Layley? Good? Now let's go" Tay said.

"Fine" Jenna said. They left us. Hayley looked at me with those breath taking eyes of hers.

"I should get going if I'm going to my parents house" she said.

"Okay" I said. She left and I walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit. This dinner should be fun... Let's hope!