Chapter 38

Logan's P.O.V.

I went to work at four and shelved books till six. After that I stayed at the register till eight and then went back home. When I walked in the house I dropped my bag on the floor and walked to my room. I opened the door to see Hayley laying on my bed on her phone. She looked up and smiled at me. 

"Hey beautiful" she said.

"Hey gorgeous" I said back. She smiled and I jumped onto the bed next to her. "Whatcha doin?" I asked.

"Looking up places we could go out to tonight" she said. I looked at her confused.

"Why?" I asked.

"So we could go do something?" She laughed.

"What if we get recognized? That's not a good idea babe" I said.

"I'm looking at places farther away" she said.

"But it's eight thirty" I said. "We both have to go to school tomorrow" I said.

"Well well well" she chuckled. "Someone's getting responsible" she said as she moved my hair out of my face. I stared into her eyes.

"I'd rather just be alone with you" I said. Why go out when I could just lay here with her?

"Babe, aren't you tired of only spending time together in this room?" She asked.

"Not with you here... You're all I need. I don't see why you're pushing us to go out" I said. She moved away slightly and sighed. 

"I just want to go out with you for once in public" she said.

"Today just isn't a good day" I said.

"Never is a good day" she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. She was pissed. I chewed my lip as she stared straight ahead not bothering to look at me. 

"How about we go out tomorrow?" I asked. She stayed quiet.

"I just wanted to go out tonight" she huffed.

"I'm tired babe... I just got off of work and I want to relax a bit" I said. She sighed and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to do something nice, but if you're too tired it can wait till Friday" she said as she kissed me on my cheek. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her slowly.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed" I said with a small smile. 

"I love you" she said before letting go of me. I stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the water wacky washed up. When I was finished I wrapped my towel around me and walked out of my room to grab some clothes. My hair was still dripping wet when I grabbed my clothes and I scurried back into the bathroom. I got dressed in shorts and a tank top then walked back into my room. This time Hayley was spread out on the bed looking at the ceiling. I sat on the edge of the bed and watched her. Eventually she turned her head and smiled at me.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" She asked. 

"How lucky I am that you're mine" I said.

"I think I'm the lucky one... If it wasn't for you my life would be so much worse. You saved me Logan" she said.

"I tend to do that" I joked and we laughed together.

"I love you" she said as she sat up and enveloped me in a tight hug.

"I love you too" I said as I tested my head on her shoulder. Just then her phone rang and we parted so she could check who was calling. She picked up the phone and I laid on my side of the bed. I listened to her talk to her friend while I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep. At least tomorrow was Friday.

When I woke up Hayley was gone. She probably had to get things from her house and get to work early. I sat up and the clock read three thirty am. Wait? Why wouldn't she be here? Something isn't right... I stood up and walked out of my room. I could see light pouring into the hallways from the living room. I took slow steps towards the living room. Something didn't feel right. I heard noises coming from the living room. I peered around the corner to see Taylor, josh, and Austin standing around my couch with bats. Taylor then turned to me and a sickening grin spread across his face.

"Wanna watch the show?" He taunted. Austin and josh laughed and I could feel vibrations in the floorboards from their laughter. Josh grabbed my arm and pulled me to see what was going on. There I saw Hayley being violated by Chad. I tried to scream and fight back but my body wouldn't respond. I heard laughter from the men around us along with disturbing grunts from Chad and whimpers and sobbing from Hayley. Then the door burst open and Jeremy ran in. He stopped and looked at Chad and then Hayley and then me. His face turned from horror to twisted content. He started laughing along with the others sounding like a hyena. I kept trying to scream but nothing would come out.

That's when I really woke up. I turned to my side and Hayley was there... Thank god... I felt so relieved. I tried to relax and slow my heart rate down. It was only a nightmare. I held onto Hayley tightly and fell back to sleep.

A/N

At this point I'm not really sure what to do next with the story so I haven't really been updating lately and I apologize for the long absence.