Chapter 28

A/N

Hey, I just wanted to give you guys a huge thank you for reading this book! I never thought it would get this many reads! Like seriously? 6.4 k reads?!? That's insane! I'm not very good at writing, but I want to give you all a huge thanks for making me feel like I'm a good writer. And all your comments just make my day, I love hearing your reactions for every chapter, so please, post a comment and make my day :) love you all!

-Lolo

Logan's P.O.V.

The rest of the day went by pretty slowly. I got through drama. Now just time for work. I tossed my bag over to the empty passenger seat of my car and started driving to work. Traffic was slow and it was raining. I turned on the windshield wipers and turned on the radio. Of course. It's walk the moon. That's just the thing to get my mind off of Hayley. Not. I turn into the he parking lot and park the car. I get out and make my way to the library. When I get there, my boss greets me. 

"Would you be able to work two shifts tonight?" She asked. I nodded.

"Sure" I said and I walked to the back to drop my stuff off. I spent two hours at the register and it was pretty quiet. Then after that I shelved for another hour and a half before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey you" said a voice. I turned and was a little disappointed to see kimmie. Couldn't she take a hint?

"Hi, do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"Ummm, do you know where the comic books are?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, right this way" I said and started leading her through the tall aisles of shelves and books.

"So, I was thinking... Maybe after work, we could go out and eat dinner or something" she said.

"You have the nerve to ask me on a date?" I said. I stopped, turned to face her, and put my hand on my hip. She scratched the back of her neck shyly.

"Look. I'm sorry for what I did. I tried to make it up to you. I'm still trying. Please, just give me another chance" she said. She reached for my hand, but I pulled away.

"I work two shifts tonight" I said.

"You're worth the wait" she said. A little piece of me still wanted to forgive her, another part of me told me it wouldn't work anyways, and then a huge chunk of my brain was screaming 'Don't forget hayley'. What to do, what to do...

"Fine, but it doesn't mean anything. I'm just hungry" I said.

"No problem, I'll pay for it too" she said getting excited and her dimples her showing. It made me smile and shake my head.

"Okay, off to the comic books" I said. 

"Yes please" she said. She looked cute like an excited little puppy. I shook my head of those thoughts 'remember what she did' is what I reminded myself. She took my hand in hers. "Take me away!" She joked.

"Okay, calm down" I said. I held her hand and led her to the comic books. 

"So many options" she said as she gaped at the five rows of shelves holding comics, manga, and other such things.

"Well, what kind of comics do you like?" I asked as I finally let go of her hand.

"Action and adventure, but I need a bit of a break from superheroes" she said.

"So you want something funny but still has a bit of action to it?" I asked.

"Yeah, if such a thing exists" she joked. I looked around for a bit and then pulled out a box set.

"This amazing series is called 'Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World' and it's amazing." I said.

"It's a comic?" She asked.

"It was before it became a movie and it's really awesome" I said.

"Well then I guess I'll just have to read it" she said with a grin as she took the books.

"They're awesome, I promise" I said.

"So, how much longer do you have to work?" She asked.

"About another twenty minutes" I said.

"I'll be in the game store" she said. She started walking to the register and I watched her walk away. What am I doing?