Chapter 9

My head was pounding and my right eye was swollen. I couldn't open my eyes up properly so it was more of a squint.

"She's awake!" Someone shouted. I heard shuffling and footsteps.

"What's your name?" The voice said.

"Logan..." I replied.

"Well, Logan... I'm Dr. Quinn. Could you tell me what you remember?" He asked. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. The pain was too much.

"My friend Carter and I were walking in the park when we got attacked." I said. My throat was burning, I needed water.

"Was that the person we found with you?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"He was so traumatized that he refuses to talk to anyone..." The dr said. I didn't know how to respond. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open.

"Where's my daughter?" I heard my mom from outside the room. She walked in with my dad and rushed to my side. "She's awake!" She said.

"Kind of" I said.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Not too great if I'm being honest" I said.

"I think she might need some rest" the Dr. said.

"okay" mom said. She left and I stared at the ceiling. Do they know where Hayley is? What happened to carter? Is Hayley okay? Eventually I fell out of consciousness.

A/N

So... a really short update, I've been busy lately and I'm getting ready to finish up the school year. Wish me luck!

-Lolo