Chapter 41

Logan's P.O.V.

Soon enough it was starting to get late and my parents decided to cook dinner. I went to the dining room and waited while they made some steak and potatoes. I just sat and thought about how I could possibly help Lynn. It's not like I could just ignore the fact that some dudes tried to hurt her. It's not like I could just let that happen again. Lynn is my friend now. I can't let shit like this keep happening.

"Hey, you okay?" My dad asked and I noticed both of my parents staring at me with concerned looks.

"I'm just worried about a friend" I said. My dad laughed.

"What's wrong with Hayley now?" He joked. I looked at him seriously.

"It has nothing to do with Hayley" his smile dropped and he sat down and faced me.

"What's going on?" He asked, now, taking me seriously.

"My friend Lynn just got beat up after school and I don't know what to do. She asked me not to tell anyone but I can't just let this keep happening. If she doesn't do anything to help herself it'll only get worse" I said.

"Maybe you should tell a teacher or a school counselor" my dad said.

"I'm sure her parents will take care of it. If she's home by now then they should notice"

"But what if they don't?" I cut in. "You guys took forever to find out about Hayley" I said.

"You have a good point, but I'm sure she'll be fine" my mom said.

"I'm going to have to side with Logan on this, honey. There's always a chance she'll just hide it" he said.

"I have to do something at least" I said. My mom set down our plates.

"Maybe Hayley can give you some advice considering she basically went through the same thing" my mom said.

"Exactly! That's why I don't want to do nothing!" I said.

"Well let's focus on eating dinner. You have tomorrow to decide what you're going to do" my dad said. I sighed and started eating. The food was delicious and I was full by the time I finished eating. I took care of my dishes and then went back to my room. After I got ready for bed I literally just laid awake for an hour staring at the ceiling wondering what the hell I was going to do. Maybe their right. Maybe I should just leave it be for once. What happened with Hayley totally spiraled out of control and Lynn doesn't need that... Why do I care so much anyways? Ugh...

Lynn's P.O.V.

I miss home. I had friends and things didn't seem so fucked up... Ever since dad died... I could feel tears forming. Mom couldn't handle staying so she made us move. The house is nice, but now I don't have any friends except for Logan. Brian and Alex have been to busy to skype with or anything so I've been on my own. Just going home after school and unpacking. Or finding ways to hide how beaten down I feel. Mom just thinks I'm not used to being the new kid. She's only partly right though. What I'm not used to is being ridiculed and abused. I thought I could fight back but that only made things worse today. I hate them, but I'm scared of them. I want to shrink into nothing so that I could at least avoid school tomorrow. I can't tell anyone... But I already told Logan. Too bad she can't be around all the time. They seem to be afraid of her for some reason. Maybe they just respect her or something? The first time when she interfered she was definitely intimidating. 

"Hey Lynn, I brought some food left over from the meeting at work today! Some burritos and chips with guacamole" I heard mom say from downstairs.

"Okay, I'll eat some in a bit" I said back.

"Okay, I'm gonna go take a quick shower and then I have to go out to pick up some files from one of the sites." She said.

"Alright" I said back. I could hear her coming up the stairs then closing the door to her room. I went downstairs and ate some of the food. I heard the shower stop so I retreated back up to my room with the last bit of food and scarfed it down before I ripped open my bag and pulled out some random crap to make it look like I'm doing school work. 

"I'll be back in about an hour!" I heard my mom say. 

"Okay" I responded. I heard the front door shut and pushed my books onto the floor before laying on my back. I unlocked my phone and started playing some music. Just somethin to calm me down a bit. I locked my phone and laid it on my stomach as the music played. I would've fallen asleep but I was still mulling over all the shit that was going on. Why can't people just be nice? My phone buzzed so I grabbed it and saw I got a text from my project partner Chrissy.

Chrissy: Hey, wanna go out tonight? There's a party.

That's weird... Why would she be texting me about a party?

Me: hey, wrong number you accidentally texted me :/ 

I pressed send and put my phone down again. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes but my phone buzzed again.

Chrissy: no, not the wrong number. Wanna go?

Me:Why? 

Chrissy:You're new, I figured I could use this opportunity to get to know you and maybe introduce you to the few decent people I know at this school :)

Me:I won't know where to go to get there... I just moved here so I'm still not good with knowing the street names and stuff...

Chrissy: don't worry girl, I gotcha. Send me your address and I'll pick you up in ten. Oh, and wear somethin cute ;)

What's that supposed to mean?

Me:I think I'll just stick with my usual outfit

Chrissy:just make sure you wear sneakers instead of combat boots! I'm probably going to make you dance with me lol

Me:okay see you in ten!

I sat up and stretched. "Time to be social gunn" I said to myself. I stood up and put on my old pair of vans. I started putting on makeup to cover the bruises and everything when my phone started ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, you never gave me your address" I heard Chrissy say.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry, it's the third house down on pine street" I said.

"Cool, I'm pretty sure I know where that is" she and I could hear her laughing a bit.

"Okay, how long till you think you'll get here?" I asked.

"Not very long considering I live only a few houses down" she chuckled.

"Woah, really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, come outside I'm waiting for ya" she said and she hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my beanie. Then I grabbed my leather jacket and slung it over my shoulder as I walked downstairs. I got outside and locked the door before walking over to chrissy's car. It wasn't anything too fancy but enough to be considered a decent car I guess. I got in the passenger seat and buckled up.

"I should've told you before but no smokin in the car" she said. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"What?" I asked. She laughed.

"Your so hot your smoking and I don't allow that" she said seriously. I just looked at her like she was crazy and she burst out laughing.

"I'm just messing with ya, lighten up girl" she said. 

"Tonight's gonna be interesting" I laughed. She punched the gas and we sped off into the night.

A/N: I know it's been forever since the last update and this is sort of a long chapter but I thought it'd be cool to show more of Lynn's perspective and what she's going through so you could get to know her character a bit more! Let me know what y'all think!!! Comments and likes make my day!

-Lolo