Chapter 10

I woke up again and I could see carter asleep on the chair next to my bed.

"Carter?" I coughed out. He jumped at the noise of my voice. His eyes were wide and alert with fear. His eyes darted around the room before relaxing and settling on me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I need water" I said. He nodded and left the room. I laid back and stared st the ceiling. I heard footsteps approach the bed and I looked up to see carter with a group of people. He handed me a water bottle and I started to drink it.

"It's good to see you're okay" one of the guys behind carter said. I looked at him. He had short black hair and a lip ring.

"I guess..." I mumbled.

"I'm Andy, by the way." he started introducing everyone else in the group, "This is Alex, Vic, Jenna, Tay, Zac, jack, and Ariel" he said.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"We saw those guys beating you up and we tried to run over and help. By the time we got to you, you had passed out" he said.

"Thanks for the help?" I said awkwardly.

"I wish we could've helped out sooner" the one I think Andy said was named Ariel.

"You did the best you could" I said. The doctor walked in. He checked my vitals as the others shuffled out of the room.

"You're good to go whenever. You just have to check out" he said.

"Thanks Dr. Quinn" I said.

"Please, call me Kellin. I know your parents, we actually went to school together." He said.

"that's cool" I said awkwardly. He just shrugged and walked out of the room. I waited a couple of hours for my parents to come back. When they did, I changed into new clothes and waited to leave. Where's Hayley at? They didn't find her? Maybe she was just hiding in the bathroom. I thought to myself.

"Ready to go home?" My parents asked. I nodded. I had a huge headache, but I didn't want people to keep worrying about me. I stood up and walked with them to the car. When I got in the car I saw Hayley sitting in the back. I furrowed my eyebrows and she gave me a small apologetic smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I slid into the backseat.

"You never told us you had a girlfriend" mom said.

"I'm proud that you chose to help her out, just let us know next time" my dad said.

"What?" I asked. I looked at everyone.

"They're talking about how my parents kicked me out and you, being the amazing girlfriend that you are, let me stay with you" she said as she gave me a look as if to say 'just go with it'. I nodded.

"Oh... Yeah, sorry" I said.

"I knew we raised our daughter to the right thing" my mom said as a smile took over her face.

"I'm glad you're okay" Hayley said.

"Me too" I said. She took my hand and faced me.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to help you" she said.

"It's okay" I said taking back my hand. I looked out of the window for the rest of the ride. When we pulled into the driveway I quickly got out of the car and headed for my room.

"where are you going ?" My mom asked.

"to take a nap" I said. I was still tired and sore. I went to my room and flopped onto my bed. I heard footsteps and realized it was probably Hayley.

"I didn't know what else to do" she said.

"Girlfriend? Really? You couldn't have just said friend?" I said.

"I don't know what I was thinking" she said. I felt a bad for being so harsh.

"I get it. If I was in your situation, I probably would say the same thing. I just hope they don't introduce you to everyone." I said.

"shit" she mumbled.

"it's alright." I said.

"Can I take a nap too? I'll sleep on the floor if you wa-" I cut her off.

"You can sleep on the bed too. Just don't hog all of the blankets" I said. I felt her get under the covers and lay down.

"was it chad?" She said.

"It was all of them" I replied. It was quiet. I turned over and saw her crying. I put my arms around her in a sort of hug.

"It's okay... It's not your fault." I said.

"it is... Why would he be hurting you?" she asked.

"I don't know" I said, "I just hope he never gets to you" I said.

"thank you Logan. For everything" she said as she stopped crying.

"Storms not over yet, firecracker" I said. She let out a small laugh.

"I wish it was, goldy locks" she said causing me to laugh as well. She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep. She was so peaceful and beautiful. Why would those people want to hurt her? I realized that I was still holding onto her. I tried to remove my arms, but it was impossible. I finally gave up and closed my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.