Chapter 36

Logan's P.O.V.

I got ready for the day then heard a knock on the door. I walked to the entry and opened the door to see Kimmie.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey stranger" she said with a small smile. I opened the door more.

"Come on in" I said. She walked into the house then went over and sat down on the couch.

"It looks the same" she said quietly.

"I guess I'm just too lazy for change" I said. There was a bit of an awkward silence. I looked around, but I could feel her eyes on me. "I should finish getting ready for the day... I won't be long tho" I said.

"Or we could skip" she said.

"As fun as that sounds I've already missed enough school days"

"It's not like there's anything good about school though" she said.

"What about education? Ya know... The whole reason schools exist in the first place?" I said, putting my hand on my hip and smirking at her.

"Screw education" she laughed. I shook my head and laughed with her. 

"Seriously though I'm gonna go get ready" I turned and walked to my room. I grabbed all my things together then walked back out to the living room. "I'm ready" I said.

"That's sponge bobs line" she joked.

"I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready" I said imitating spongebob. 

"Nice" she laughed. We walked outside to her truck and got in. The drive to school was quiet other than the music playing on the radio. We pulled into the school parking lot and I started unbuckling.

"So do you want me to drive you to get your car after school?" She asked.

"That'd be nice" I said.

"Okay" she said. I got out and shut the door to her truck. I heard hers shut and we started walking towards the entrance to school. 

"What class do you have?" She asked.

"I have drama with ms. Williams" I said.

"Cool, I'll walk with you. It's on the way to my class" she said.

"Okay" I said. We kept walking sluggishly through the halls. There was still a good ten minutes before class so I wasn't worried about being late. We got to the auditorium and it looked like she wanted to say something, but she just shook her head and walked away. That's weird... I turned and walked into class. Carter was there and so was Hayley, but no one else was in class yet. I walked up and say at one of the seats. Hayley seemed to be busy looking at papers so I didn't bother talking to her. I turned to carter.

"What's up?" I asked.

"The sky" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

"I'm just sort of sitting here at the moment" he laughed lightly.

"Sounds like fun" I said sarcastically.

"Totes" he said in his valley girl voice which made us both laugh even more. Slowly more people came into the class and took their seats. 

"Ready for another boring day of school?" I said.

"Psh no, but you can't complain you get to stare at your hot girlfriend for an hour while I do all the work" he whispered then started laughing. Everyone looked at him weird and it made me laugh too.

"So are you guys going to let me teach or are we just going to keep watching you two laugh?" Hayley asked. Carter shut up and I held in my laughter as we turned to see Hayley. She had her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised at us. After we stopped she started talking. I wasn't really listening, more like staring at her because she was so perfect. It's not like I can't ask her what she was saying later. Class flew by and carter seemed focused on doing something I just sat there. Soon enough class ended and I went to be a TA for the freshman gym class but I didn't really do anything but stare at my phone and pick the music while everyone else exercised. After that I went to my writing class and then left at lunch with kimmie who drove me to work. I worked till six and then drove home. I walked in the house and Hayley was already there watching Netflix and doing something on her laptop.

"Sup teach" I said.

"Hey, you said you would stop saying that" she whined.

"If you made me breakfast but you tried to poison" I said as I plopped on the couch next to her. She pouted and jutted her lower lip out while giving me puppy dog eyes. I pecked her lips and laughed at her adorable ness.

"So whatcha doin?" I asked as I put my arm around her.

"Progress report grading" she said.

"That's dumb" I said.

"But I have to do it" she said.

"Do you want me to make you anything or get you something to drink?" I asked.

"No, I made myself a sandwich like ten minutes ago" she said. I nodded and started watching whatever was on the tv. It was some show about a girl who was a crime solving zombie. It was actually pretty good. It was also kinda weird. When Hayley finished her work she shut the laptop and set it on the coffee table and we cuddled up on the couch. 

"You sure do like zombie shows" I said.

"Yeah, zombies are pretty rad. I kinda want to watch walking dead though" she said.

"Then let's watch walking dead" I said as I grabbed the remote.