Chapter 29

Hayley's P.O.V.

"Carter, can you stay behind after class?" I said as the bell ring. I quickly dried my eyes.

"Yes ms. Williams" he said. He walked back to my desk. I waited till the other students left.

"Does she really hate me that much?" I choked out.

"Well, yeah. You didn't even bother trying to explain the situation. She's really pissed" he said crossing his arms.

"I need to fix this" I said shaking my head.

"Well you should hurry. Kimmie has been telling everyone she's gonna get Logan back" he said.

"What happened between those two?" I asked. Carter shifted awkwardly.

"It's not my place to say" he said. I nodded. There was a moment of silence.

"Okay, you're excused" is all I said and I waved him away. He quickly turned on his feet and walked out of the auditorium. My next class started filing in and taking their usual seats. I decided to take this time to go to the bathroom really quick so I left the auditorium and walked down the hall. I went to the teachers bathroom and did my business and soon enough I left and was on my way back to class. I passed by a group of girls when I heard,

"I'm gonna get her back no matter what" I would've kept walking. It's not like she was talking about Logan, but I may have spoke too soon.

"Doesn't Logan still hate your guts?" One of the other girls said. 

"Yeah, but I'll make it up to her. Tessa said that Logan never did anything with her so I'm still her one and only if you know what I mean" I heard the girls giggle. I clenched my fists and bit my lip as I sped up towards the auditorium. The bell rang just as I made it to the front of the class.

Logan's P.O.V.

I walked into the game store and saw her looking at the ps4 games. She was looking at the little kid games. It reminded me of how I used to tease her about it... Used to...

"You said there would be free food" I said startling her in the process. She turned and saw me then looked back at the game in her hands. She quickly put it back.

"I was just... Looking at games for my... Little cousin! Yeah..." She gulped down her nervousness. I folded my arms.

"Your youngest cousin is thirteen... I don't think they want to play a crappy spongebob game that's meant for eight year olds" I said.

"I guess you caught me" she laughed nervously.

"Wouldn't have been the first time" I said under my breath.

"And I'm REALLY sorry about that" she let out a long breath as she ran her hand through her hair.

"After six months? You must be desperate" I said.

"I guess I deserve that. Let's go get something to eat" she said as she looked down. She seemed put down and it made me feel like a bit of a bitch, but she deserved it.

"Where are we going? I could follow you there in my car" I said walkin by her side out to the parking lot. 

"It's a surprise... I'll drop you off back here when we're done" she said. I raised my eyebrow and looked at her. She looked at me and our eyes met. There was a slight curve upward on her lips.

"You better not be plotting my murder or I will kill you" I joked. She snorted and it caused me to laugh with her. I followed her to her car... Well... Her truck. I got in and we started driving down the road. She turned on her stereo and it was blasting Halestorm. She quickly turned down the volume and mouthed 'sorry'. Instead I just turned it back up. Mz. Hyde finished and Miss The Misery came on. We started singing along to it as we made our way down the street. It reminded me of the times we had together. I noticed it was only me belting out the chorus and I turned to see her smiling at me. Then I realized we were parked. I couldn't help but be embarrassed. 

"Remember this place?" She asked grinning from ear to ear. I looked and saw we were in the parking lot of the old pizza place. I smiled.

"How could I forget?" I said. She got out of the truck and I followed. We went in and went up to the counter.

"Hey! If it isn't my two favorite girls! Where've you been?" Toby asked.

"School" Kimmie said. He nodded.

"Well what can I get you two?" He asked with a wide smile. Kimmie looked at me.

"I'll get a cheese pizza and a coke" I said. He turned around and grabbed a coke bottle out of the fridge behind him then set it next to the register. He looked at Kimmie.

"I'll get a Hawaiian pizza and a dr pepper" Kimmie said. 

"Sounds good" Toby said as he grabbed a cup and set it next to my coke. He punched our order into the register and Kimmie paid for it.

"You get us a table and I'll wait for the food" Kimmie said with a smile.

"Yeah sounds good" I said. I walked over to a two person table against a window and sat down. I opened my coke and took a small sip of it. I looked around outside and saw that it was getting dark outside. I watched as the world kept 'moving' outside.

"Hey, I got the food" Kimmie said as she sat down and set the pizza slices down. I picked mine up and started eating the pizza. When we were finished with our slices we finished our drinks and talked for a good hour. It was decided that Kimmie and I would just be friends which she seemed a little down about. 

"You're great and all but I still haven't forgotten what happened" I said.

"I know. I just miss you" she said looking down at her hands.

"Would you be able to drop me off?" I asked.

"To get your car?"

"Nah, just home. I can get it tomorrow" I said. She nodded.

"Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow morning for school?" She asked hopefully.

"I think that would be nice" I said softly. I took her hand in mine and gave it a small squeeze. We made eye contact and she smiled even more.

"Okay... Let's go then" she said. I threw away my drink and walked with her back to her truck. She drove me home and it was getting close to nine pm. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Most definitely" she said with a smile. 

"Okay" I said and I hopped out of her truck. I made my way to the house and walked inside. I heard crying. That's odd. I walked over to the corner that lead to the kitchen and peaked from around the corner. Let's just say... It wasn't what I expected to see.

A/N

So what do you think it is? Did Hayley come back? What's up with Logan and Kimmie?