Chapter 21

"Please exit the vehicle" the officer ordered. I turned and he looked shocked. I heard the the sound of a car door opening and slamming shut. The officer stood all the way up and moved so I could get out. I opened the door and took my time standing up. My head was still throbbing in pain. I winced in pain as I held onto the door for support. I was starting to fall again when I felt hands wrap around my waist to help me up. I looked and saw Hayley. She was looking at the officer.

"Can she just sit and rest? Please... She's in pain" she pleaded. The officer nodded. He pulled out a small notepad.

"what are your names?" He asked.

"Logan miller..." I said. He scribbled something and turned to Hayley.

"Hayley Williams" she said. He scribbled down her name as well.

"What's going on here?" He asked. Hayley had no idea how to handle it.

"We were walking around here the other night when I heard a scream. I snuck in to see what it was and I saw a girl. I helped her escape but I got caught myself. They pulled me back in and knocked me out. After that, I had no idea what was going on. Josh tried to help me out, but Austin woke up and we didn't make it all the way out. Then, Hayley and some of the others barged in to help me. We got out and the guys set the place on fire." I said. My eyelids were becoming heavy and slowly started closing.

"Is that what happened?" The officer asked. Hayley nodded her head.

"Good thing is... We have all the evidence. Who were the ones hurting you again?" He asked.

"Hayley, can you show him? My head hurts... I need to sleep" I said. She nodded. The officer followed her over to the guys. My eyes closed and that's all I remember after that. The next time I woke up, I was at home in my own bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly. My head wasn't hurting, so I took the opportunity to get up.

"Hey, you're awake..." I heard her voice say softly. I turned and squinted to see her.

"Yeah... How did we get here?" I asked.

"You fell asleep. They let me take you home. The guys and everyone else have been backing up the story. Taylor, chad, and Austin are getting what they deserve" she said. I nodded and we fell into a silence.

"What does this mean? Are we going back to being just a teacher and student?" I asked. I hated to admit how much I wanted her to stay with me.

"If you want. I know you don't like me as anything more than that. I'm still sorry for the whole kissing you thing..." She said.

"Don't be" I said. She looked at me confused. It was my turn to start something. I pulled her into a kiss. She tensed up at first, but slowly relaxed and started kissing back. For some reason it felt so... Right. Like I had been waiting for this moment. My hands cupped her face as she held on to my waist. Eventually we had to stop and catch our breath. Her face turned red.

"wow" I heard her say breathless. I smirked.

"I have that affect on people" I joked. She playfully pushed me and we laughed. Then, I noticed something. She was wearing my 'single?' shirt. I looked down.

"Are you really that desperate?" I joked. She laughed even more. That laughter filled my ears and made my heart warm. I couldn't help but stare and admire her.

"So... Who's your favorite teacher?" She said as she pushed me on my back and straddled me.

"Hmmmmm. That's a tough one" I said. She pinned my arms to the bed and kissed me again.

"Does this make it easier?" She asked. I pretended to think about it.

"Maybe you should try again" I joked" she smiled down at me and shook her head.

"Well... I definitely have a favorite student" she said.

"Who might that be?" I asked.

"Carter" she joked.

"Fine then" I said and turned my head away from her.

"Awwww. Don't be like that babe" she joked. I looked back at her and bit my lip.

"Babe, huh?" I asked softly.

"If it's alright with you" she said. Her face was close to mine again and the gap between our faces was slowly shrinking. I could feel her breath on my lips.

"I don't know... Teach" I teased. Her mouth hung open in disbelief, but she was obviously joking.

"Fine... Be that way" she said with her smile growing from ear to ear.

"I was kidding" I said. I leaned up and connected our lips. They were warm and soft. I never wanted this to end...

A/N

Should this be the end of the story? Do you want me to keep writing? Maybe I'll do a bonus chapter... But who knows? Tell me what you think!