Chapter 23

I walked back into the room to see Hayley on her phone. Her eyes were a bit red and puffy, like she had been crying. I sat next to her on the bed and wrapped my arms around her.

"What's wrong H?" I asked. She smiled and sniffled as she leaned into me.

"I'm just glad everyone is okay." She said. Her blonde hair fell perfectly and she had a hint of a smile playing on her lips. We sat in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes. "So where are your parents taking us out tonight?" She asked.

"I don't know. I'll have to ask. It's probably just dinner out somewhere" I said.

"Okay. Do you think I could do my hair today? We could invite Tay and Jenna!" Hayley said excitedly. 

"That'd be awesome!" I said.

"Okay, I'm inviting them over!" She said. She pulled out her phone and started texting them. I let go of her and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. After a couple minutes passed, Hayley laid down next to me.

"They'll be over a little bit after lunch." She said.

"What do you want to do till then?" I asked.

"Listen to some music" she said. I looked at her for a minute. 

"I know something we can listen too!" I said.

"Play it!" She said. I picked up phone, hooked it up to a speaker and put on the song Blue Dress by Walk The Moon.

"I don't know this song" she said. I stood up and pulled her up with me.

"Too bad" we started dancing and laughing at each as I sang the words to her. "Meet me in the parlor, when no one is around,

You'll wear your blue dress,

And I'll take your hand down,

Meet me in the parlor,

One off your shoulder,

We got early classes, 

But don't let it shake you,

No no no no,

I promise I'll wake you,

Hey!,

OPEN UP MY SHIRT AND TAKE ME IN YOUR HANDS NOW,

I wanna touch you babe,

Until it knocks you out!

Let's cross the interstate,

Into the fields,

And find our way back in the dark,

I'll take my chances with you,

While we are young,

Let's get in my ride,

And take a drive to nowhere,

And if you like to blow your mind,

We could listen to the white album,

Livin in a time where time is not an object,

So won't you open up your eyes,

And let me swim on in em,

Meet me in the parlor,

When no one in around

It smells just like last year

Show me your anger,

Hit me like you used to,

We're no longer in danger" 

She laughed and smiled at me as she leaned in for a kiss. Our lips met just as Me And All My Friends started playing. I pulled away and started dancing as Hayley laughed her ass off.

"Dance with me, Williams!" I said as I grabbed hands and continued to dance with a smile on my face.

"Bring it Miller" she challenged. She started dancing with me. We laughed at ourselves as the song went on.

"What band is this?" She asked.

"Walk the moon" I said.

"They're awesome" she said.

"I know" I said. When the song ended, I turned it off.

"That was fun" I said.

"What now?" Hayley said with a smirk.

"I don't know. What do you wanna do?" I asked. She bit her lip and pushed me into my bed. I looked up at her. 

"I wanna touch you babe until it knocks you out!" She sang. I laughed as she straddled me.

"Funny one teach" I said.

"I wasn't kidding" she said. I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart beat quicken.

"Sure you weren't" I said. 

"Why would I kid about that?" She asked as she started kissing my neck.

"My parents are home" I blurted out.

"So? We just have to be quiet" she whispered into my ear. It sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm not ready for that" I said.

"Then stop me" she said. She went up and kissed my lips. She pulled away and gave me a smile.

"Okay" I breathed out. She let out a little giggle.

"You're so cute when you're nervous. And when your being heroic. Or when your angry. Or when your happy.... You're just so cute!" She gushed.

"What about when I dance and sing?" I asked laughing at my own question.

"Even when you dance and sing" she said as she laughed with me. There was a knock on the door.

"Logan, we made lunch. Come out and eat" dad said through the door.

"Okay" I said. Hayley got off of me and we went out to the dining room. We ate our sandwiches and chips. I was cleaning up when I heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it" I said. I walked to the door and opened it up to see Tay and Jenna. 

"We got the dye!" Tay said holding up a plastic bag.

"What color?" I asked.

"She said she wanted blue" Jenna said.

"Okay" I said. I let them in and helped them prep to do Hayley's hair in my bathroom. When we were ready I walked back to the dining room where Hayley was talking to my parents.

"Hair dye is here, and so is Jardougall" I said.

"Who told you about that?" Hayley said surprised.

"Alex" I said. She nodded.

"That makes sense." She turned to my parents. "It was nice talking to you" she said to them as she stood up and walked to my bathroom with me. We then proceeded to do her hair. Blue was going to be interesting.