Chapter 27

Logan's P.O.V.

The weekend was slow and I hadn't heard from Hayley. Carter had come over a few times and we talked about random stuff. My parents had me grounded and I hadn't left my room. I was a mess, but I didn't care anymore. I can't believe them. How could they do this to me? They knew that I cared about Hayley. How could Hayley just leave me? Why would she give up that easily? She didn't even bother. That's what was pissing me off the most. Here we are. Monday morning. Great.

I got ready for school and tried to get there in time, but it was difficult because of traffic and I had already had a late start. I pulled into the student parking lot and parked my car. Class had started about ten minutes ago so I decided to take my time. It's not like Hayley would be here today anyways. She's never at school. I would know. I walked to the attendence office and checked in. I got a pass and walked to the auditorium. I walked in and I was shocked to see Hayley sitting at her desk. She seemed to be reading a lot of papers and was rubbing her temples. She was stressed. I walked up to her desk and set the pass down on her desk.

"Thanks" she said without looking away from the papers. I turned and started walking to carter who was looking at us. "Wait, Logan" I heard her say. I turned and walked back to her desk.

"What do you need ms. Williams" I said without a trace of any emotion.

"Can we talk after class?" She asked.

"No, I have gym" I said.

"Well, lunch maybe?" She asked. I shook my head. "After school" she asked.

"No, I think it's best we just don't talk at all" I said. She looked hurt.

"Fine" she said and looked back down at her papers. "Go get to work, you're late" she said. 

"Okay teach" I said. She shook her head slightly and I walked away. I sat next to carter.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm just fine" I said. I pulled out my phone and just played games and random stuff on my phone the entire class. When the bell rang I picked up my things and made sure I was the first person out of the class.