Chapter 13

Hayley got up and went to go take a nap. I walked into the living room. Andy, jack and Vic were playing guitar, Jeremy was playing bass, Zac was drumming on his lap as Alex, Tay, Jenna, and Ariel were singing whatever came to their mind. Carter seemed to find it hilarious when they couldn't match up. I have to admit it was pretty funny.

"And that's why Tay wears diapers!" Jenna sang, causing everyone in the room to burst out laughing. Jenna smirked at Tay.

"You know it" Tay said as she flipped her hair and put her hand on her hip. After everyone started to calm down I took a seat next to carter.

"Hey, Logan? Where's the bathroom?" Jack asked.

"Down the hall, second door on your right" I said. He gave me a thumbs up and started walking down the hall. Andy started messing around on the guitar again and I tapped Carter's shoulder.

"What?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you." I said.

"okay" he responded as he stood up with me. I walked with him to the guest room. "What do you wanna talk about?" He asked.

"I need to get beat up again" I said. He looked at me for a second confused and then put of no where started laughing.

"Good one Logan" he said.

"I'm not kidding. If we can get Chad and his gang on tape, we can use that as evidence against them and get them locked up for good." I said. He looked at me again.

"I don't know Logan" he said as he let out a deep breath.

"We could just sneak out and try to get there attention" I said.

"We don't even know where they are. What if the others find us gone? What if they kill you? Or find me and destroy the tape?" He said.

"They won't if we do it right. We have to start soon though. I don't want anyone else getting hurt" I said. I thought I heard footsteps outside the door, but maybe it was just my imagination.

"Okay, well how do we get out?" He asked.

"Window" I said.

"What?" He asked. I pointed at the window. "Oh" he said. I walked over to the window and opened it up. I hopped out into the backyard and Carter followed me.

"Ready to do this?" I asked. He got his phone out and nodded. We walked around to the front and headed down the street. Carter kept out of site, but was trying to follow me as I made my way down the road. We got to a dead end and I decided to start walking back the other way. I walked past the house and I could hear them still playing music in the living room. I put my hood up and kept walking down the road. I was almost at the stop sign at the end of the street when I heard footsteps. It sounded like someone was running towards me. This is it. I thought to myself.

"LOGAN!" Shit. I kept my hood up and walked a little bit faster. She was getting closer and closer till she walked in front of me and stopped me.

"Hi" I said.

"Hi? What the fuck Logan?" She said.

"What?"

"You went out to do what I told you not to!" She yelled.

"Why does it matter?" I asked.

"I don't want you to get hurt!" She yelled.

"Well I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt either!" I started raising my voice. She shook her head.

"We're going back home" she said. She grabbed a hold of my wrist and started pulling me home. I would've fought back, but I started to get a really bad headache.

"Why won't you just let me get this over with?" I asked.

"Because I care about you and you need to stop hurting yourself" she said.

"Yeah, but why do you care. I'm just your student" I said.

"You've been more than just my student for awhile now. You're my roommate, my friend, my savior, my crush..." She said, getting quieter towards the end. i stopped in my tracks.

"What do you mean?" I said. She ran her hand through her hair.

"Can we just talk about this when we get home?" She asked. She looked at me with pleading eyes and I soon gave in.

"Okay, but no stalling when we get there" I said. She nodded and we walked back home. Carter joined us and Hayley tried to scold him, but I told her I forced him to.

"Don't let her do that ever again" she said.

"I won't. She never told me she had a concussion. If I had known, I wouldn't have let her leave" he said. Somehow, Hayley's hand grabbed ahold of mine and intertwined our fingers. I wasn't hating it either, until we saw the car across the street that had Chad and the people from the other night. They hadn't seen us so we ducked behind my neighbors bushes.

"I'll call Jeremy" she said. She pulled out her phone, but I stopped her.

"We could just get in through the back." I said. They both nodded and followed me. We backtracked till we found the dirt path that went behind my backyard. We walked to the house and hopped through the window. I walked into the living room.

"Chad and his buddies are outside in a car across the street" I said. Everyone looked at me.

"Shit" Alex said.

"How many of them are there?" Vic asked.

"Five" I said. He nodded.

"We can take me if they try to hurt you guys" Andy said. Then we heard a knock on the door. The room fell into silence.

"WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE HAYLEY!!!" A voice yelled. It was muffled by the door, but I'm pretty sure it was Chad.