47

"The city lord is back!" The person in charge of guarding the post was Jiang Chaosheng, who habitually called this King An the city lord.

Hearing this voice, the others who followed Jiang Chao looked over, and sure enough, the door that had been closed for several days opened, and they saw a familiar figure at a glance. They waited on the shore for a few days, and the more they waited, the more anxious they became. They were planning to go into the water to find someone, when they saw Jiang Chaosheng came out with Ji Xuanbing in his arms.

These people breathed a sigh of relief and greeted them with happy faces: "My lord, you are back. If you don't come back, I will go to sea to find you."

Jiang Chaosheng frowned: "I didn't send someone to inform me, but I will come back in two days." He and Ji Xuanbing were going to stay at the bottom of the sea, and they had specially arranged for people from the sea clan to deliver the letter. These sea monsters can maintain their human form for a short period of time. The inside will not be exposed so easily.

"It's not that you didn't say it beforehand, and we can't help worrying if you suddenly change your plan and don't see anyone." Jiang Chaosheng temporarily changed his attention. This princess' "mother's house" is strange and doesn't allow outsiders to enter at all. They are strangers here. Staying on the deserted island, it was inevitable that he would murmur in his heart, worried that the princess' family would directly detain the prince and act as a husband.

Jiang Chaosheng is not only an ordinary official, but also a prince. If something happens, they have no good fruit to eat. If you are someone's door-to-door husband, you will lose face to the royal family, and it may cause a lot of trouble.

"Okay, it's been delayed for a few days, let's go back now." Jiang Chaosheng didn't care too much about this issue, he boarded the boat with Ji Xuanbing's hand, and a group of people followed behind the team with heavy boxes.

"What are these boxes?" The deputy who came over murmured, Jiang Chaosheng accompanied Ji Xuanbing back with a lot of gifts. If all the gifts were returned, wouldn't it mean that their prince was disliked.

"It's the high priest..."

Just as Ji Xuanbing was about to speak, he was interrupted by Jiang Chaosheng: "It's the princess's elders who are distressed. They gave him the things that he used to use on weekdays, and put them away carefully for this king."

Jiang Chaosheng squeezed Ji Xuanbing's hand gently, and whispered into the other's ear: "Don't mention the high priest outside."

He was afraid that the little merman would accidentally leak his mouth and reveal the whole situation of the deep-sea merman family. Originally, there was not a piece of iron bucket around him, even if everyone is sincere now, but the people's hearts have changed, and if they are not balanced, they will have other thoughts.

"It's alright, you see that the black flood dragons have run away in a daze." Ji Xuanbing didn't care.

But under Jiang Chaosheng's gaze, his expression became serious: "Husband is right, I will listen to you."

In fact, Jiang Chaosheng didn't like to talk about big truths, and to say something reprimanded. The two of them are husband and wife, equal partners, not teachers and students. Seeing the little merman's perfunctory mouth, he only said one sentence: "Is the cub very weak and needs more protection."

Ji Xuanbing immediately froze: "You're right, we should wake up."

It is not easy for the merman clan to have cubs. When one appears, it is a notification that the whole clan must beat gongs and drums, but the protection of the clan is very tight, and the cubs who are not grown up are always followed by adults. He and his husband's cub must have been born. Everyone loves it. Anyone who sees it wants to steal it with a sack, so he must be vigilant.