2

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝘍𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘺
𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘩, 22

Leslie texted Niamani letting her know she had an important question to ask. So she called Leslie right away.

"Hey, you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes- something's different about you. You got your hair done?"

"Yea I got it done yesterday after work." Niamani smiled "I like it, it looks good on you."

"Thank you"

"I'm going on a business trip for about a month and I wanted to know if you were okay staying at the house while i'm gone."

"Won't Jahari still be home?"

"Yes but he comes home at all hours of the day. I need somebody there who's going to be with the kids from the time they wake up til the time they go to sleep. I'll give you a raise too."

"You don't think you pay me enough already?" She asked then Leslie shrugged.

"Just for the time that i'm gone."
"I don't mind staying."

In her eyes Jahari was a good dad but he could pay his wife a little more attention. He owned multiple car dealerships and Leslie worked for herself.

Niamani didn't know what was that she did but she knew Leslie made good money.

"You can stay in the guest house out back i'll have to get it ready for you. Nobody uses it anymore. Just make sure Jahari don't burn the house down."

"So i'm watching him and them?"
"Basically" She nodded

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯.

"I leave tomorrow night."

"You should've been asked about this but i'll be there."

"Thank you so much Niamani. Enjoy your off day, you deserve it."

"I will"

She hung up the phone then started packing clothes. Niamani felt really bad about what had happened a few days ago, it was on her mind heavy.

Jahari was in her mind 24/7. Luckily she didn't have to actually stay in the same house as him.

Her phone started ringing again, it was Leslie so she picked up and put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Jahari i'm telling you right now. You better stay away from her. I know how you are."

"You insecure as hell nobody want her. Maybe if you let me hit from time to time you wouldn't have to worry about another female."

"I work all day and you stay out late all the time. When do we have time for us Jahari?"

"NEVER. Make some fuckin' time Leslie. All you do is complain but youn never put in no effort to change shit.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯' 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴.

"Neither do you. I'm not the only one in the relationship. Take me out sometimes, splurge on me how other guys do their wives."

"You gotta actually be a good wife to get shit like det. Youn know shit about yo husband or kids."

"How don't I?"

"How do you? Jackson made honor roll again n you wasn't even at his award ceremony. The fuckin' nanny was there n you wasn't!"

"Nobody told me!"

"As a parent you should ask shit like det. If yo kids really fucked witchu they would tell you shit like det."

"You finna be gone fa a whole month. What about Camille birthday? She only been talkin' about it fa months." He continued

"She'll be fine she's only turning 5. I have work to do I don't understand why you're so upset with me."

"Only turnin' 5? Listen to how selfish det shit sound. I'm done talkin' to you bro all you say is dumb shit."

"Jahari don't walk away from me while i'm talking to you!"

They started yelling at each other then Niamani assumed they left the room from how far away they sounded.

"Chileee if ain't about me let's ke ke!" She shook her head hanging up the phone.

•••

"It's hurting Mani!" Camille cried while squirming in her chair. "All I did was part your hair. I haven't done anything yet Camille." She laughed

"I need a break."

"You have to get your hair done. I'm only giving you a few twist. When i'm done you can have ice cream if you stop crying."

"Okay" Wiped her face and continued to watch YouTube on her ipad. "I'm done Mani."

"Okay you can go take a shower i'll check it when i'm done with her hair."

"What about dinner?"

"Uhh i'll order something. It should be here by the time you're done in the shower. What do you wanna eat?"

"McDonald's"

"Imma get it for you but don't tell your mom."

Jackson nodded his head then ran upstairs. Everything they do Leslie has rules for. Some times Niamani broke those rules because they were unrealistic for kids.

"Daddy!" Camille smiled as he walked through the door. "Wassup girl"

"Why ion smell no food?"

"I didn't cook today. I'm getting McDonald's do you want something?"

"You tryna get us in trouble a sum? Leslie don't play det."

"What she don't know won't hurt her." She replied then he looked at her before giving Camille a hug and kiss.

"Just get me whatever."
"Mmhm"

Niamani ordered all of them food then she finished Camille's hair. She wrapped it up then put her pink silk bonnet on her.

"You can stay up a little later because you don't have school. After you eat dinner you can get ice cream."

"Ughhh"

"You rolled your eyes at me Camille?"

"No ma'am"

"Oh okay"

While they waited on their dinner to get there Niamani checked Jacksons homework. All of it was right so she packed his book bag for when they went back to school on Monday.

Hearing Jahari yelling upstairs Niamani turned the tv up. She didn't know who he was yelling at but she didn't wanna hear it.

•••

As soon as Niamani stepped out the shower she heard knocking on the front door. She quickly dried off and put her robe on.

Before she could get downstairs she heard the door being unlocked.

"Yes?" She asked looking down at Jahari from the balcony. "The kids sleep."

"And?"

"I wanted to see you..."

"Jahari I already told you it wasn't gonna happen. You're married with a family that's so wrong."

"You know first hand my wife ain't shit. Stop tryna act like you give a fuck cs I know you don't. Either come down here to me or imma come up there to you."

Niamani walked away from the balcony then sat on the bed and waited on him to come upstairs.