10

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘺
𝘓𝘦𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦, 24

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘺   𝘓𝘦𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦, 24

"Did you see Niamani's post?"

"Nah ion follow her, why?"

"Look at this." Leslie replied basically throwing her phone at him.

A few days ago Niamani posted her pregnancy announcement on her instagram story and made a highlight of it.

After Leslie did some thinking she started speculating some things.

"What det gotta do wimme?" He asked feeling his heart drop. "You think i'm dumb?" She asked hitting him on the back of his head.

"Fuck is you gettin' at? Ion see what the damn nanny bein' pregnant gotta do wimme."

𝘎𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥.

"Jahari imma only ask you once. Did you cheat on me with Niamani?"

"What? Why da fuck you askin' det?"

"Because she's like 4 months pregnant. What month was is four months ago?"

"Like February or March a sum?" He questioned after thinking about it for a few seconds. "I wasn't around at all in March. She doesn't have a boyfriend so tell me the truth."

Leslie was on the verge of tears. Even though her and Jahari weren't together anymore she still had hope.

Now that he had a baby on her she knew they'd get a divorce for sure.

"You're insecure n think somebody cheatin. Det girl havin' a baby ain't got shit to do wimme. You wanna know who her babydaddy is then ask her."

"Whatever witcho lying ass. Why you even still live here?"

"Cs I pay the bills. Youn wanna be around me get out, nobody askin' yo naggin' ass to be here Leslie."

"Why you always gotta talk to me like that Jahari?"

"Cs you be pissin' me off bro. Then you wanna get all sad n shit like you wasn't the one startin' shit first."

"How da fuck you gone accuse me of fuckin' onna nanny? Make it make sense bro." He continued before walking out the backdoor.

Leslie sighed then sat on the couch and looked for Niamani's number and called her.

"Uhh hello?"

"Ion mean to sound crazy or nothing but did you sleep with my husband?"

"No... why are you asking me this?"

"If did my math correctly then you got pregnant when I was away. You've never said nothing about a boyfriend before."

"Because my personal life is not your business. No I did not sleep with your husband and no he is not my babydaddy."

"I see how he looks at you, i'm not dumb Niamani."

"Take that up with your husband. All I know is I don't want him and never have."

"So nothing happened while I was gone?"

"No Leslie. Obviously you don't trust your husband. You should be checking him not me."

"I already asked him and he said no."

"Okay so believe whatever YOUR husband tells you. Please don't ever call me again on no bullshit like this." Niamani hung up then phone.

Leslie knew she wasn't dumb but she was just gonna let it go for now. One way or another she was gonna figure it out. She had a feeling they were lying.

•••

"Mommy where's Mani?" Camille asked "She's not coming back. We gotta find you a new nanny or do you wanna go to daycare?"

"Iono" She shrugged "I want Mani only."

"So daycare then?"
"No Mani!" She whined

"I just told you Mani wasn't coming back so stop talking about her."

"Okay"

"Why are you crying?"

"You mean to me." Camille cried harder while rubbing her eyes. "I'm sorry baby I wasn't tryna be mean. Gimme a hug."

Camille let Leslie hug her and give her a kiss. Shortly after she stopped crying.

"You wanna go to grandma's house with me or you wanna stay with your dad?"

"I wanna go with you."

"Go put your shoes on."

She went upstairs then Jahari came in the house with boxes making Leslie side eye him.

"What's that for?"

"I'm done"

"With what?"

"You, i'm tired Leslie. Ian finna keep forcing dis shit witchu. Imma forever have love fa you but ain't no need to keep drainin' each other."

He gave her an envelope then she opened it and read what was inside.

"I thought you wanted to fix it." She replied wiping the tears off her face. "I did but I think we just grew apart. We don't gotta hate each other we prolly just better off as friends."

"Ion wanna be your friend Jahari. Why you doing this to us?"

"Cs man everyday it's sum new witchu. I can't even come home after a long day n relax. We could kick it together sometimes but you be naggin' too much."

"I'm not happy. So i'm not finna act like I am. I apologize if i'm making you and the kids miserable I just don't know what to do."

Leslie was still battling with her depression. Taking medication was new for her, sometimes it made her feel better but other times she was just sad or angry.

She felt stuck and like nobody was hearing her or understanding her pain. Jahari trying to leave her just made everything worse.

"Just cs we not gone be together don't mean ian gone support you. You the mother of my kids imma always have yo back. Whatever you need you know I got you. Tryna force dis relationship just addin' stress on both of us."

Jahari hugged her and let her cry in his arms. He felt bad but he also felt like it was the right thing to do for his family.