𝟤𝟢

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝖲𝖾𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋
𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘩, 22

For some reason Niamani was in a really good mood today. She hadn't got mad at anything or anybody in a few days.

She was close to the end of her pregnancy so she was starting to get excited. Amir was on her mind 24/7.

Soon she'd have a small baby shower with their family and friends. Well mostly her family.

But whenever she was in a good mood it didn't last long at all, something always went wrong.

Hearing knocks at the door she went to go get it. When she opened it she seen a few police officers honestly being confused.

"Yes?"

"Are you Niamani Smith?"

"Yes, why?"

"We have reasons to believe that there's drugs being sold from this house. Do you mind if we do a quick sweep?"

"Yes I do mind. You're not coming in here without a warrent. Who told you it was drugs being sold in here? Me and my boyfriend don't even do drugs."

Niamani seen a car pull off and realized Leslie was the one driving it so everything started to make sense now.

"Leslie told you that?"
"Yea"

"You look like a nice woman, I don't believe that but you just never know. Kids live here also, correct?"

"Yes. She definitely lied on us though there's no drugs being sold from here. My boyfriend has his own car dealership, he never sold drugs in his life and neither have I."

"This all seems like a misunderstanding so if anything changes we'll be back."

"Mmhm" She nodded "You have a good day ma'am."

"You too officer." Niamani responded closing the door. "That crazy ass woman."

Niamani went upstairs and got dressed before leaving the house. She was gonna go up to Jahari's job to bring him lunch and let him know what just happened.

She picked up food from Chipotle then made her way to his job.

"Jahari got a client?" Niamani asked "No, you're good to go back there."

"Alright"

She walked back to his office and opened the door. He was laying down on his couch sleep.

"Bae" Najah spoke putting the food down. "Hmm?"

"Wake up so you can eat. I needa tell you 'bout your crazy ass wife too."

"Lordy what det muhfucka do now?"

"She sent the police to the house. They talking 'bout they got reason to believe drugs are being sold from the house."

"At first I was like who in their right mind would do some stupid shit like this? Then I seen Leslie pulling off outside. That bitch really finna blow me. She got one more time to fuck with me, I swear when I drop imma beat her ass."

"Finna get a restrainin' order on her inna minute she stay doin' unnecessary shit."

"That lady needs serious help. I know what we did to her was wrong but now I feel like she kinda dragging it."

"You can't put no time frame on anger. Ion blame her fa being angry but now she tryna get my kids taken away from me."

"Maybe you gotta talk to her one on one cs y'all still haven't did that yet. I keep telling you to stop putting that shit off for the longest, now look."

"Ite you right. Imma go talk to her when I get off. I gotta pick da kids up anyway."

Jahari kissed her lips then sat behind his desk to eat lunch with her.

•••

"This decent" Niamani nodded as her and Jahari walked through a venu. They were looking at places to have a baby shower and so far this was the best looking one.

"Do you even know 150 people?"

"Nope but my mama run her mouth so much she gone have the whole church in here. Old people love babies, we gone have some good gifts."

"How yo mama a Christian but called you a slut?"

"Honestly I think she was just upset and disappointed in me. I know i'm not a slut so ian too pressed. What family you gone invite?"

"Just a few folks I really fuck wit. Ion need errbody in my business n shit. They prolly gone be confused but shit if they come they come n if they don't they don't."

"I always told everybody I wasn't having kids but look at me the first one."

"Na you stuck wimme forever." He responded kissing her cheek. "Mmm" She side eyed him.

"So you wanna go wit dis one or keep lookin?"
"I like this one, we can book it."

"Bet"

They talked with the person that owned the venue and rented it out for October 25th from 2pm-5:30pm.

"Am I sending the caterer the deposit or you?"

"Me" Jahari spoke giving her his phone to send it.

"Okay you must be clean cs you just offered off your phone like it was nothing."

"Ian got shit to hide from you."

"Mmhm"

Niamani and Jahari got in the car then went to Niamani's consultation for her dress. She had to get her measurements and give her designer an idea of what kind of dress she wanted.

That didn't take long so they were in and out in less than 30 minutes.

"I'm kinda tired but I know we needa go food shopping."

"We can go tomorrow imma just order some food fa tonight. Ion work tomorrow so I got time."

"Ans you needa make sure you go talk to your wife too. Keep on putting it off if you want to, watch she gone make shit worse."

"Imma got tomorrow."

"Gimme kiss" Niamani spoke rubbing the back of his neck. "Love you" Jahari spoke after giving her a kiss. "Love you too."