𝟣𝟫

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝖲𝖾𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋
𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘩, 22

"I love you."

"What more do you want from me?"

"One more round bae." Niamani responded

"Fuck no i'm tired. All you do is lay there n moan you got it easy as fuck."

"If I get on top imma give you three maybe three inna half good bounces n i'm done."

"Lazy"

"And what about it?"

"I'm tired Niamani lemme lone. And we just took a shower you on some other shit."

"Fine"

Niamani opened the drawer on her nightstand and took some snacks out before throwing them on the bed.

"No you can't have nun so don't even ask."

"I won't finna ask."

"Hold up I feel something!" Niamani spoke feeling a sharp pain in her stomach. "What?"

"It went away- owww!" She dragged out feeling it again. "It's the baby?"

Amir had been active all day but for the past hour he hadn't moved much.

"I think it's contractions but iono because it went away again."

"You wanna go to the hospital?"

"No i'm not due til November it's probably not gone last long. If I have them tomorrow then i'll go."

"You sure?"
"Yea i'm okay."

For a while the contractions stopped but they came back every 10-15 minutes.

When they finally stopped for the night she was able to go to sleep.

The next morning...

"Ain't shit wrong witchu." Jahari mugged looking at Niamani chase Jackson around.

"He got my last pack of gummies you not gone stop him?"

"No"

"At this point I give up, keep em."

Niamani laid on the living room floor trying to catch her breath.

"You was in so much pain last night tho."

"Yea I was but i'm not now. I wouldn't lie about no shit like that. Amir was cutting up!"

"Whatever you say Mani."

It's not that he didn't believe her he just couldn't believe she was up early playing around like she wasn't hurting last night.

Niamani got up off the floor then got herself something to drink before laying on the couch with him.

"My mama won't talk to me. She said i'm a home wrecker and she didn't raise no sneaky little slut."

"What?" He scrunched his face up. "When you talk to her?"

"This morning she called and asked if we was still together n I told her yes. I know this don't make it no better but you came onto me and yo marriage was already fucked up before we did anything."

"People gone feel how they feel. Errbody entitled to they own opinion. I keep tellin' you nobody gotta live yo life but you so do what make Niamani happy."

"Iono you kinda ate that lil one." She smirked

"My folks be talkin' shit too but ion give a damn. My relationships don't got shit to do wit them."

"True, true. I'm hungry, I want McDonald's breakfast."

"Get up n go. Fuck you still sitting for?!" Niamani raised her voice. "Yes ma'am" He laughed getting up.

"Punk!" He put a pillow over her face making it hard for her to breathe before running off.

"You lucky I can't get up off this couch!"

•••

"The kids at school said I white Mani." Camille spoke while Niamani did her hair.

"Your skin complexion is light skin. You're not white at all you're blasian."

"What's blasian?"

"Black & Asian. Your daddy is black and your mommy is Asian."

"Ohh" She nodded "You blasian?"

"No i'm all the way black."
"You pretty like me." Camille giggled

"Thank you, at least you know you're pretty."

"Daddy always tell me dat." She nodded

"He should because it's true."

Niamani finished both of the kids hair and got Camille ready for bed. Jackson was old enough to do things on his own now so she would just check on him before he went to bed.

"I wanna sleep with you Mani."
"Okay"

After Camille put her pajamas on and did the rest of her night routine her and Niamani went in Niamani's room to lay down.

"What you wanna watch?" Niamani asked putting her headphones on her. "Peppa Pig"

"Is it too loud Camille?" She asked after putting Peppa Pig on her iPad. "No"

In a way Niamani felt like she was still their babysitter and not Jahari's boyfriend. She didn't wanna be doing that forever so after she had the baby she planned on finding a real job.