16

𝘙𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘕𝘊 | 𝘈𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵
𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘩, 22

Jahari helped Niamani lay down on the bed then took her sandals off her. She had a doctors appointment this morning so him and the kids went with her.

As of now they were on good terms. He believes they're together but she's still not ready to be with him yet.

"In 3 months i'm really gone be somebody mama." Niamani sighed rubbing her belly.

"How you feel?"

"I actually don't feel anything negative about the baby. It's you that frustrates me."

"Any opportunity you get to be mad at me you take it." He shook his head. "Mmhm"

"When you gone stop being mean to me?"

"Hmm... never" She responded thinking about it for a second. "You love me still?"

"Always. I just don't necessarily like you. I will one day tho I really have no choice."

"If youn like me then why you let me hit last night?"

"Iono what you talking 'bout."

Niamani rolled over on her side and grabbed her hair bonnet before putting it on.

"Just cut the bullshit already."

"Ite fine, if you fuck up again you cut off for real this time Jahari."

"You can't cut me off i'm in yo life forever."

"Sadly" She folded her bottom lip in. "Is we gone live together or not?"

"Iono I still gotta think about it. That come with a lot of responsibilities. I never lived with a man before I always lived by myself."

"Imma be the one to change det. Ion want you to stay by yo self while you pregnant."

"Yoni up the street, i'm gone be okay."

"Is Yoni yo babydaddy or me?"

"That's kinda a trick question..."

"At the end of the day I put him in you so imma always take care of you n make sure you good."

"Mmk..."

Niamani couldn't really complain about that she just didn't want him to do her wrong again.

***

"Mani" Camille whined opening the door. "Yes?"

"I want my daddy."

"He's not here, what's wrong?"

"I'm scared"
"Aww you can come lay with me."

She walked to her dads side of the bed and laid down before getting under the blanket. When Niamani woke up from her nap Jahari was gone.

She was kinda irritated because he just up and left without even sending a text.

"Did your dad give y'all dinner before he left?"

"No just a snack."

"He ain't no good. Come on, you hungry?"

"Mmhm"

Camille followed Niamani downstairs then sat on the couch to watch tv. She took out stuff to make quesadillas because that's what she was in the mood for.

She heard the alarm go off so she assumed it was Jahari coming home.

"Where you been?" She asked as soon as he walked in the house. "Nowhere"

"Well you wasn't here so where was you at Jahari?"

"Chillin' what you doin' up Camille?" He asked picking her up. "I was looking for you."

"What's wrong?"

"She scared of the dark. You forgot to leave the tv on for her."

"You needa tighten up you too big to be scared of the dark girl."

"It's monsters daddy."

"Ain't no monsters, you ite?"

"Yes" She nodded laying her head on his shoulder. "Where Jackson?"

"Probably on his game. Answer my question Jahari."

"Camille go see what yo brother doin' imma be up there inna minute." Jahari spoke putting her down. "Okay"

Camille quickly ran upstairs then Jahari went in the kitchen and sat down.

"Why you gotta ask me shit like det in front of my kid?"

"All I asked was where you been. I think that's a reasonable question."

"She gone get scared n think we arguin' Niamani. Change the tone of yo voice when you speakin' to me."

"You and your wife traumatized y'all kids not me. That's just how I talk. Had you just answered me the first time we wouldn't be having to go back and forth."

"Dets yo problem right there bro." He shook his head while taking his shoes off. "What's my problem Jahari?"

"Stay tryna turn shit into a argument. Why we can't just talk to each other?"

"I am talking nobody tryna argue Jahari. Let me just up n leave then not say nun you gone be real tight. Then you come home at 11 at night like you don't have kids at home."

"You act like I just left them by they self a sum. You was right in here sleep."

"What if I had to leave then what? I'm not mad just make sure it's okay first or let me know you leaving."

"Ite Niamani"

"How the fuck we gone be together if yo so one sided about shit? You don't ever wanna see shit from my perspective. You just be so quick to say i'm doing too much."

Jahari sighed then got up and walked to her. He grabbed her by her jaw and pecked her lips before going in the refrigerator to get water.

"You got the right to feel how you feel n I got the right to feel how I feel. Everything you say to me I hear you Niamani. We just havin' a rough patch right na we gone get through it."

"Basically just ignored everything I just said but okay mister man." She mumbled

Whatever they were going through she wanted it to be over badly so they could enjoy each other and have a good pregnancy.