Chapter 48 - Final Bow

Katie's P.O.V

"Ready?" Reggie smiled, standing on my left.
I nodded, eyes staring at the stage, the lights going down, the curtain rising. "I'm ready." I whispered.
Richard smiled, and walked passed me, onto the stage holding his guitar.
My best friends, my family, all sat front row in the seats I reserved for them. The biggest smiles on their faces seeing Richard walk out.
On cue, Darcy May followed after Richard. "Hey! Your phone is off, right?" She called out to him.
"Silent, off, and hidden away!" He smiled, looking over at her, before the sounds of a phone ringing rang out loud, a laugh along with it, from the crowd.
Richard gave a guilty smile, and grabbed a prop phone out his back pocket.
"Hi... I can't talk right now! All phone's must be switched off and put away... We're on Broadway." He 'answered' the call, before Darcy gave a warning look, silently requesting his phone, with an open hand.
He gave it to her, she walked off and Richard played the opening notes for the opening song.

. . .

The cast took their final bow, a standing ovation.
They suddenly parted and held out an open palm.
"That's your cue... Welcome to Broadway." Reggie smiled at me, before a pat on the back.
I smiled and walked out, the spotlights shining on me, a louder cheer from my audience, and the biggest cheers of all coming from the front row.
"THAT'S MY ROOMMATE!" I heard Naomi scream out, Archie giving the loudest whistle.
I was given a microphone, to say a few words.
"Gosh, I..." I looked to the cast.
Darcy and Lorraine both smiled at me, nodding for me to say something.

"I uh... I never really planned this far ahead... What I would say, at this moment..." The crowd gave a chuckle, settling down to hear me speak. "I grew up around the strange and unusual... In school, kids would say my parents are better than yours, because of this, or that... The only defence I had was 'my parents are more talented than yours, and they've got the works to prove it'." I smiled, looking down at my dad. "I didn't think my work would make it this far, but I didn't give up the fight... Yes, I was drunk, at a charity event, when I wrote this, and I feel it may show, but I did it." I smiled, getting a cheer. "Here I am, and I honestly wouldn't be here, right now, if it wasn't for my best friends... Archie Hobbs, Bonnie Middleton, Naomi Fogarty, Paul Landers, Roxanne Camille, Christoph Schneider... And most importantly, Richard Kruspe." I turned to my right, seeing him backstage, standing with Reggie, smiling at me. "I love you."
"I love you." He mouthed back.
"Thank you all for being apart of tonight with me. You have no idea how much this has meant. I hope to see you at my next one." I spoke to the crowd, before I took my bow, the venue erupting in cheers.

. . .

You see that picture up there?
That's me, Naomi, Roxy and Bonnie, in the picture. New Years Eve 2015. Twenty minutes to go, until 2016. I'm the twenty five year old, with the half black and half red hair. NayNay is next to me, then Roxy, then Bonnie. We've been best friends our whole lives.

It's 2018 now. February 3rd.
In one year, as I'm now at the age of twenty seven, my life has gone from too many problems, to being filled with all the love in the world.
I was born in England, but when I turned one, me and my parents moved to Ohio. It was there, Ohio, where I met my best friends... Though, me and my friends all agreed to get the fuck outta there, when we could. There's nothing wrong with the place, just the people we were stuck with.
We all decided on New York, the place to be, where all our dreams came true.

Bonnie and Archie got their happily ever after, having finally got together, after years of endless flirting, and constant staring at her legs.
Naomi met the literal man of her dreams, Paul, who moved to the city and took her for that trip of driving into the sunset.
Roxy and Christoph got everything they could of ever asked for, one another. They eventually got engaged, after Naomi, Bonnie and I, constantly asking if he'd asked yet, and their wedding was something else entirely...
You know the part where the bride throws the bouquet? Well, Roxy walked up to me and just handed it to me, before she had me turn around to see Richard down on one knee.
I ended up getting married to a rock star, who also helped co write many of my musicals. Each show was better than the last, and my friends came to every single opening night.
I understood the high life of Richard's fame, so any moment we had together, alone, was spent wisely.

We all stayed friends to the end of our days, or at least we're making the attempt to.
Conflicting schedules, as well as boy drama, that and the whole New York thing... Seriously, this city never sleeps, like take a breather, y'know?!
Naomi was always the funny friend, Bonnie the girly-girl, Roxy the glue... and me? I'm the creative one. Everything around us is a story, inspiration can come from the smallest of places, whether that be an object, place, thing or word.
It was a series of events, where every person was needed in order for it to happen. If we four hadn't of met, we wouldn't of moved to New York City, we wouldn't of taken a trip to Russia, we wouldn't of met Christoph, then his car wouldn't of broken down, we wouldn't of met Archie, then we wouldn't of met Richard, if I didn't move in with Roxy, we wouldn't of been at Need For Speed, where we met Paul, and Naomi and Paul never of met. We also wouldn't of become all that close to Paul, if he hadn't of grown up with Richard, stealing his dads car, where he got his love for driving, speed, and racing...

So, as I take this final bow, I hope you all know, that no matter what life throws at you, there is always good. It may not always be obvious, but it is always there.
Like the brightest star in the sky, nothing and everything at the same time. It doesn't matter how long the light take to get to us, coming as fast as it can, it will get to us.

The End.