Chapter 18 - Valentine's Day - Pt. 1

Katie's P.O.V

Another knock at the door. It had been three minutes. It was close.
Roxy opened the door and smiled at Christoph. "You had me worried!" She hugged him.
"Worried? Roxy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that." He kissed her shoulder, as he held her waist.
Me and Naomi were on the sofa, being little girls watching a Disney couple.
"You said you cancelled our reservation. What are we going to do?" Roxy asked, arms around Christoph neck, as they stood in the doorway.
Christoph wore a fancy suit, which wasn't a surprise. He had money and a heart full of Roxy.
"Well, plans have changed, but we're going back to mine for dinner, then we're off to Broadway." Christoph smiled.
"You made dinner?!" Roxy squealed.
Christoph nodded and picked her up, spinning her around.
"One day..." Naomi leaned on my shoulder.
"One day." I nodded.
"Are you ready to go?" Christoph asked his girlfriend.
"Yes! Just..." Roxy grabbed her jacket off the hangers. "Night, girls!" She waved to us.
"Night, mom! Night, dad!" Naomi smiled.
"Have fun!" I waved.
Christoph shook his head, laughing at us, before he took Roxy's hand. She blew us a kiss and shut the door.
"And play!" Naomi grabbed the remote, pressing play.
We had a blanket over us and only a few lamps on. We had popcorn and a couple of glasses of wine. Let the tradition continue...

~

"Spin." Naomi motioned a circle with her hand.
I spun around for her and she squealed. "You look perfect! Richard's gonna die!" She hugged me.
We watched the film and talked a little, now I was getting ready for my date. Naomi was gonna do some natural make up for me.
"I'm gonna stay here, until you come back. Chances are, Roxy is a goner." Naomi joked, but it was probably true. They'll go back to Christoph's, after Broadway, get close, get freaky...
"If you're sure." I smiled, as we walked into the bathroom, arms linked.
"Yeah! I wanna be the first to hear about it." Naomi smiled. "I may as well crash." She shrugged.
"You're welcome to." I sat on the bathroom counter, as Naomi went through Roxy's make up bag. "What will you do?" I asked her.
"Cook something. Watch TV. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." She smiled, grabbing the foundation.
"I'll feel bad!" I frowned, holding a hand on my heart.
"Don't feel bad!" NayNay took my hands. "We're not gonna be single forever and you got yourself a date, so let's focus on that, huh?"
I nodded and Naomi started my make up.

. . .

Knock, knock.

"Ah!" I looked at Naomi, like a deer in headlights.
"Go into your room." She instructed me, getting up off the sofa.
"Why?" I asked, standing with her.
"I'll call for you, so you have a second." She nodded to my room.
"OK!" I hurried to my room. What a friend.
I closed my door, to a crack, and listened.
"Richard! You look fancy." Naomi smiled.
"Hey. Thank you. Looking good yourself." Richard replied.
I heard a little laughter, then Naomi called for me.
"Coming!" I replied. I took a deep breath, smoothed out my top, and nodded to myself.

I walked out my room and Naomi was smiling like the Cheshire Cat.
Richard wore a white shirt, with a black waistcoat, with black jeans, and black converse. He smiled at me, as I walked over.
"Hi." I waved shyly.
"Hi. You look amazing." He looked at my outfit.
"Thanks." I hid my hands in the cardigan sleeves.
"Well, you two stay safe and have a good night." Naomi gave me a thicker jacket and her long strapped shoulder bag.
"Thanks. You too." I slipped the jacket on, then gave her a hug.
I stepped out the apartment and Richard silently asked for my hand.
I smiled, slipping my hand in his, and he led me to the stairs. I heard Naomi squeal, then my front door closed.
"I have a small plan for us, but it's nothing major." Richard spoke up, leading me to his car outside. He held all doors open for me, as we walked out.
"It's OK." I smiled.

We sat in his big black car and we drove in silence, until Richard started talking.
"You have a good day?" He asked.
"Yeah... You?" I asked, with a nod.
"Yeah... I was actually nervous about this. I don't usually get nervous." Richard chuckled.
"I'm actually nervous. I have been all day." I admitted.
Richard glanced at me, with a smile. "I promise, you'll have fun."
I smiled at Richard and looked out the window. "Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise." Richard smirked.
"You're full of surprises." I turned to him.
"How so?" He questioned me.
"You never said exactly how big Emigrate are." I stated.
"It's just my band. Are you OK with all that?" Richard asked, concern laced in his voice.
"I don't know... I live a pretty quiet life." I shrugged.
"Give me a chance. I do get paparazzi from time to time, but it's all part of the business." Richard took my left hand in his right.
"I know..." I nodded. "You asked me what type of friend I was, in my group. I'm the over thinker. I stress and worry too much about things that often turn out to be nothing."
"I can live with that, but don't over think me. We're here." Richard stopped the car.

I looked out the windows and saw an old building, looked abandoned.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"Downtown Manhattan." Richard replied, taking his belt off. "Come on." He smiled.
He climbed out the car and I followed after him. Richard opened the boot of his car and pulled out two shovels.
Just kidding.
He pulled out a guitar case and closed the boot. He grinned at me, took my hand, and led us across the street, into the old building.
"If we get mugged, I blame you." I whispered.
Richard chuckled and led us up four flights of stairs. He led us down a hallway and stopped at a door. "You're safe with me." He smiled, before letting us in.
I was met with candles lit around the floor, some Halloween fairy lights, hanging from the roof and a blanket laid out, with cushions on it. The room was dark, but warm. The lighting was just right.
"What is this?" I asked, as Richard let go of my hand.
"Your surprise." He smiled, standing next to me.