Chapter 21 - Valentine's Day - Pt. 4

Katie's P.OV

I was met with candles lit around the floor, some Halloween fairy lights, hanging from the roof and a blanket laid out, with cushions on it. The room was dark, but warm. The lighting was just right.
"What is this?" I asked, as Richard let go of my hand.
"Your surprise." He smiled, standing next to me.
I looked at him, then back at my 'surprise'. "You did this for me?" I asked.
"If you'd rather go for a meal, we can do that?" Richard was unsure, pointing back at the door.
"No! This is fine. I already ate." I turned to him, then back to the candles.
"Good." Richard smiled, taking my hand and leading me over to the blanket.

We sat down on the pillows and I smiled. It was soft. I took my jacket off and placed it away from the candles and out the way from Richard, placing Naomi's bag with it.
"I got you talking, the other day, and now I want to hear more." Richard started, placing his guitar case besides him.
"You didn't need to know about my family... I'm sorry." I frowned.
"Here." Richard opened his guitar case and grabbed a piece of paper, giving it to me. "It's my family history."
I looked at the paper and saw it was a whole page, with a bit on the back. He is serious about this. OK... No more doubting. Take it as it comes. Enjoy it.
"Sorry I keep doubting you. I'm all weird about this. No one has ever taken an actual interest in me." I looked up at Richard, from the paper. I'll read it at home.
He chuckled and turned away from me, before lying back, looking up at me. "Start talking."

"I don't know... I'm a Goth?" I laughed.
Richard smiled and nodded. "Is Roxy? She gave that Gothic vibe."
"She is. Our rooms scream 'gothic!'. We inspire each other." I shook my head, thinking about it.
"Tell me about your play... Is that as weird and wonderful as you?" Richard smiled.
I crossed my legs, and held my head up, with my hand - elbow on my knee.
"It's about a girl... A woman! I should say. She's over 18... I'm thinking about 26... I don't have my notes, so I can't talk about this." I waved my hands, placing them behind, allowing me to lean back.
"Why not?" Richard asked, confused.
"'Cause I'll get an idea and I won't be able to write it down." I sighed.
Richard sat up and turned to me, before going through his guitar case again. "Well, if you get an idea..." He went through some papers. "You can write it down here. They're just some lyrics I've been working on. I don't think I'm gonna use them." Richard handed me the page and a pen.
I took the pen and smiled. "Are you sure?" I asked, taking a hold of the paper.
"Yes. I'm sure." Richard smiled, letting go of the page.
I smiled and Richard lay back down, looking up at me, with his hands supporting his head.

"Well... She's 26." I tapped the pen on my knee. "She's shy. She could be shy! Yeah... And she lives with her best friend. We don't see the guy, we only here about him." I was making notes. "Her best friend tells her that the guy really likes her, and she should talk to him, but she's too shy. That turns to an argument about her needing to 'grow up'? No... Not that. An argument where her friend says something which the woman, clearly, can't do, so her friend walks out and the woman locks herself in her room. Yes! Her room! Her closet can have a giant mirror on it!" I smiled, brainstorming.
"She looks in the mirror and she can see trees, like a whole other world. She looks behind her, as they usually do, and sees nothing. Then, she take a closer look. It's still there in the mirror, like she's looking through a window- this other world. She can hear some whispers... She can't make them out. What can I call her? Never mind!- She touches the mirror and it's like a ripple... Suddenly a hand grabs her wrist and pulls her in. It's like she's falling down an elevator shaft, only going horizontally."
"Then, she's in this other world- NO! It's all dark and you can hear the whispers, but a lot clearer now! She can see a small light and goes towards it, opening a door. She's in a closet... A badgers closet! Only the badger is cursed.... I don't know. Maybe not a badger. She needs a reason to be there, so for now it's a cursed badger and her friend... a squirrel!" I smiled. "I'm doing all the talking." I looked down at Richard.

He was just smiling up at me. "Keep going." Was all he said.
"Well... She's now in the badgers house... They need names... They all do..." I bit my lip.
"A badger and a squirrel..." Richard thought about it.
"A red squirrel." I made note.
"A red squirrel." Richard smiled. "Your friend Bonnie comes to mind, when you say badger. She's wise, but has that sneaky side."
"Bonnie... I don't want to use our names." I frowned.
"Does she have a nickname?" Richard asked.
I shook my head. She doesn't. Not really.
"What's her full name?" Richard then asked.
"Bonnie Harvey Middleton. There's a funny thing about our names. I'm Katie Louise Sixx. Then there's Bonnie Harvey Middleton, but then there is Roxanne Grace Camille, then Naomi Grace Fogarty." I smiled.
"Oh really?!" Richard smiled.
"Coincidence." I shrugged. "What about Minnie? The badger." I looked at my notes.
"That works." Richard nodded. "And the red squirrel?"
"Grace? I'm thinking of Naomi. Oh! Roxy should be a fox! In a waistcoat!" I smiled.
"Sounds perfect!" Richard clapped his hands.
I took a bow, whiles sat down, and made notes of the names.
"What about the main character?" Richard asked.
"I don't know... I'm doing all the talking. It's your turn." I put the pen and paper in my bag.
Richard chuckled and sat up. "I told you I'm in a band, so what don't you know..."