Chapter 3 - The Italian Job

Katie's P.O.V

I shrugged my red and black striped jacket on and climbed in Christoph's car. I sat in the back, whilst Roxy was in the front. Christoph climbed in, just as I buckled up, and we were soon on our way to Rudy's.
"I'm gonna try the new pizza." I wondered out loud. Checking my bag, for the eighth time, for my notebook. I couldn't forget it.
"The Italian job." Christoph replied, eyes on the road.
"What's that? The film?" Roxy asked, fixing her hair, using her phone camera.
"No, the pizza." Christoph chuckled, glancing at her.
"Great film, though! Michael Cane is one hell of a guy." I smiled, in the back seat, taking advantage of the space, by putting my legs up.
"It is a great film and the pizza is all vegetarian. You better be sharing it." Christoph looked back at me, through the mirror.

I gave him the middle finger and stuck my tongue out. He knows I love him, really.
We were both vegetarians, but Roxy wasn't. We didn't mind, though. The only rule was no cooking meat in the apartment, but Roxy didn't do much cooking anyway. I did.
"Don't be mean. It's a free ride." Roxy looked at me, using her phone.
I gave a peace sign, with my hand, and she snapped a pic of me, before taking her phone back.
"I feel so much better now." I sighed. I wore the same outfit, but with a jacket on, instead of the sleeves, and my white converse. It could of been so much worse, but what happened was so bad! We're not talking about it.
"Being out of the house will do you good. You may even get inspired." Christoph smiled, stopping at a red light. He wore a black dress shirt, with black skinny jeans and black converse. His hair was short and a little spikey. The man who was driving this car, was the after-hours Christoph Schneider. Not the business man Christoph Schneider.

"Does my make up look alright?" Roxy asked, her phone still handy.
"You look perfect, meine Liebe." Christoph looked at her, making my heart cry for attention like that from someone. They were so cute.
Roxy smiled and leaned over, kissing his lips softly, before sitting back and taking a picture of herself, looking serious. She put her phone away and the lights changed.
I went quiet. I'm never going to have that, am I?
I grabbed my notebook and made a note.

'Girl who has never had real love, finally gets love in the end.'
'Chance meeting in train station?'
'They see each other everyday, but nothing comes of it, until something...'

"You got anything juicy?" Roxy asked.
I looked up at her and she was smiling back at me. "Not really..." I sighed.
"You will... And when you do, we'll find a director, they'll find a cast, a theatre, a night, an audience and you'll be living your dream." Christoph smiled.
"Imagine... My best friends first play, sold out, on Broadway!" Roxy smiled, gesturing my name in lights.
"We'll get front row. At the end, you'll be called up on stage, you'll take a bow, and the room will go wild. All the papers will have you on front cover!" Christoph smiled, pulling into the parking lot.
"You'll be the star of the show!" Roxy cheered, as Christoph found a parking space.
They really knew how to cheer me up. I love these two.
"Yeah. Whatever my show will be about... I have ideas and a gripping title, but no plot and one character." I put myself down again.
"The Willow Tree sounds perfect. It's a metaphor, right?" Christoph asked, as we took our belts off.
"Metaphor for what?" Roxy questioned, grabbing her bag from by her feet.
"A metaphor for I have no idea and isn't that Archie's car?" I pointed to the car in front of us.
Suddenly, Christoph's door opened, making us jump.

"Please, Herr Schneider, allow me." Archie smiled, bowing slightly, holding the door open.
"Archie!" Roxy and I smiled.
Christoph laughed and climbed out the car, thanking our friend.
Me and Roxy got out and we both hugged Archie. "Long time, no see." I smiled.
It's been two days.
Archie laughed, as Christoph locked the car.
"Bonnie and Naomi are inside, we have a table, and I saw you two days ago. I'll show you a long time, no see." Archie joked, leading us inside.
Christoph and Roxy held hands and he held the door open for her. I need to stop this dreaming.
Archie led us to the table, telling us about his day. He worked as a mechanic and had some famous faces in today.

"Hey, girls!" Bonnie smiled, standing up to hug me and Roxy, as we reached the table.
"Hey! How was work?" I smiled, sitting next to Naomi, who hugged my neck. I loved this woman.
"Good! Dyed a girls hair blue and her mom walked in and flipped." Bonnie laughed, taking her seat.
"Typical." Christoph chuckled, sitting opposite Roxy and next to Archie.
The booth was a straight one. Three sat on either side. You know the sort. Roxy, then me, then NayNay, opposite Christoph, Archie, and Bonnie.
We laughed at Christoph's comment and we all settled. Me and NayNay shared a menu, since Christoph gave his to Roxy. They held hands across the table, whiles Roxy browsed through. Christoph would take a look, once Roxy had decided.

"Are we doing the new Italian Job, or...?" NayNay asked me and Bonnie.
"I'm doing it!" I looked at her, on my right.
We both laughed and a waiter came over, taking our drink orders.
"Beer?" Archie looked at Christoph.
"We're both driving." Christoph looked at Archie, slight smile showing.
"I can drive." Roxy offered, not letting his hand go.
"No, you have a drink. I'll drive." Christoph insisted, looking at Roxy.
"We'll get that nice red wine!" I held my hand up, motioning to me and Naomi.
"Damn straight!" NayNay saluted the air.
The waiter took note, knowing which wine we meant... We may be regulars here.
"I'll get the rosé." Bonnie smiled, turning to Archie.
He was gonna cave on that beer, just to drive her home... I'll bet ya anything.
"... I'll take a cola. No sugar." He turned to the waiter. "-and a beer for home."
Waiter took note.
"Ja. Cola, no sugar." Christoph smiled at Roxy.
"I'll take the rosé. Same as Bonnie." Roxy smiled at Christoph.
"Do you hear sad violins playing for all the singles?" Naomi joked, whispering in my ear.
"I sure do." I nodded.