Chapter 12 - Only In New York City

Katie's P.O.V

I sat on the balcony, with Bonnie. It was two days, until Valentines Day, two days, until Bonnie and Archie have their first date, two days, until me and Naomi watch The Lost Boys, two days, until me and Richard go on a date, and two days for Roxy to settle on which dress (of two) she's going to wear on her date.
Richard and I traded numbers, and we arranged our date. He said he'd pick me up at seven, then he's going to take me somewhere.

Right now, though, it was only me and Bonnie in the apartment. Technically not true. We're on the balcony, but it's apart of the apartment, so...
"You said Richard is in a band... You should google him." Bonnie smiled, glancing at me, from standing by the rails, on the left. I was sat at the table, working on my play.
"Isn't that cheating? I'm getting to know the guy." I asked.
"No... You're looking up his band, not him personally." Bonnie smiled, looking down at the street.
The sun was shining, birds were singing, Bonnie was wearing her black hiking boots, ripped shorts, black tank top, with a red flannel shirt over it. I was wearing camo skinny jeans, black tank top, my black and white sleeves, black, sleeveless Vengeance University jacket, and my purple beanie, with grey converse.
"That is true." I loaded up google. The search bar was looking at me. 'Do it...' It whispered in the wind. 'Look 'em up'.

I typed. Emigrate Band.
Loading...
Results found.
"Oh my God!" I gasped.
"What?! Have they done porn?!" Bonnie asked, turning to me.
I looked at her with my 'What the fuck?' face, but laughed anyway. Our neighbour, Miss Doll, cleared her throat and that is when we noticed she was sat on her balcony, to our right.
"Hello, Miss Doll." Me and Bonnie smiled.
She just nodded at us and walked inside her apartment.
"How old is she? Really?" Bonnie asked, coming to sit at the table.
"She's 60. We got dragged to her birthday, remember?" I placed my laptop on the table, so we could both see the screen.
"Urgh. Yeah." Bonnie shuddered, as a joke.

We shared a light laugh and turned to the screen.
"Oh my God... The man is an actual rock star." Bonnie gasped.
"Richard said they're working on a second album." I told Bonnie, scrolling through the popular results.
"Who's he in a band with?" Bonnie pointed at a fan blog.
I clicked the link and we were led to Tumblr. Picture, interview texts, videos.
"We may of found a fan... Not sure what gives it away..." I joked.
Bonnie laughed. "Meet and greet." She pointed at a picture of Richard with fans.
"Why am I jealous?" I asked.
"I hate those pictures. You met the band members, so what? Keep it to yourself, girl, you really do make people jealous." Bonnie waved her hands in fake excitement.
I nodded, agreeing, but we continued to scroll through.
"Oh! Band member bios!" Bonnie pointed out.
I clicked the post, so it showed up big, and we read, only we skipped Richard.
"Joe Letz... Arnaud Giroux... Olsen Involtini... Regular guest member, Margaux Bossieux." Bonnie read out, just looking for names.
"Mar-what?" I asked.
"Margaux Bossieux? Too many X's and to many S'." Bonnie smiled.
"Oh...Kay..." I nodded.
"This band is really something. Three music videos, so far!, Resident Evil movie soundtrack... Doesn't Archie like Resident Evil?" Bonnie asked.
"Yeah. He went to the movies to see the films. Started off as a video game series." I recalled.

"Home!" Roxy called. I closed my laptop and we went inside.
"Hey! Good day?" I asked, leaving my laptop on the kitchen counter to give my roomie a hug.
"Yeah. Christoph turned up at the bar we were shooting in, with roses. He then, took me for lunch." Roxy smiled, holding up a small bouquet of roses.
"Rub it in." I joked, taking the roses and grabbing a vase, as Bonnie and Roxy shared a hug.
I filled the vase with water and placed the roses in, whilst Roxy told us about their lunch date.
"Christoph always spoils you. You struck gold with him." Bonnie smiled.
"Speaking of striking gold... I saw Richard, as I was coming in." Roxy turned to me.
"Did he say anything?" I asked. Not gonna lie, I like spending time with him. Not really seen him, since we traded numbers.
"Just hi..." Roxy shrugged.
I nodded, leaning back on the counter, by the sink.
"Oh... And he asked if you were in... Said he called round before, but got no answer." Roxy acted as if she forgot.
"Balcony." Me and Bonnie looked at each other. You can't hear the door from out there.
"What did you say?" I asked Roxy, following her to her room, as she took the roses.
"I just said you should be in. It's New York City and we've all been at work today. You hate going out alone." Roxy replied, walking in her room, looking for a place for the flowers.
"He now thinks I'm avoiding him!" I whined, walking out her room.
"Not the case." Roxy said, somewhere in her room.
Bonnie hugged me and Roxy peaked from behind the wall. "I said you may have your headphones on. He's stopping by in a bit. Can we meet him?" She smiled.
"I'm saved!" I yelled, rising my fists in the air.
Bonnie and Roxy laughed and there was a knock at the door.
"I'm not ready!" I instantly hesitated, bringing my arms back down.
"Sure, come in." We heard Naomi.
"Oh." Bonnie laughed, as Naomi let Richard in.

"Look who I found in the hallway!" She smiled, leading Richard in.
I was hiding behind Bonnie a little, when I hesitated, so I got a odd look from NayNay and Richard.
"Heeey!" I waved awkwardly, making Bonnie laugh out loud.
I nudged her and Roxy came to our rescue.
"Hey. Come on in. I'm Roxy." She walked over to Richard. They shook hands and Naomi took her shoes and jacket off.
"Are you staying?" Bonnie joked.
"Now I am." Naomi smiled, before turning to Richard. "And I'm Naomi."
"I'm Bonnie. Hi." Bonnie waved at Richard.
"Hi." Richard smiled. "Hi, Katie." He then looked at me.
"Hey." I went shy, getting a nudge from Bonnie. "These are my friends."
"It's nice to meet you three." Richard smiled.
"You too. Come on in. Make yourself at home. Would you like a drink?" Roxy offered.
"She's so good at this." Bonnie whispered, taking my arm, taking us into the kitchen.
I nodded and grabbed four glasses. "Is anyone planning on driving?" I asked.
"NO!" Naomi yelled, running in. She knows we're pouring wine. Everyone has that one friend.
"I've nowhere to go." Richard walked in with Roxy.
"Wink, wink." Bonnie whispered, grabbing another glass.