Chapter 26 - Chit Chat

Katie's P.O.V

"I thought you lived in number ten?" Margaux asked, peeking inside the apartment.
"I do. This is... Katie's apartment." Richard replied, looking at me. We weren't together... Just dating.
"Right..." Margaux nodded, looking from him to us, at the table.
"You want to come inside? We have pizza." Christoph spoke up, with that look in his eye. He, more then anyone, hated unexpected guests. Yeah, friends turning up in the office is OK, but your house?!
Margaux shrugged and came inside, with a smile that said 'eh, why not?'.

Richard closed the door and Archie grabbed the other chair, from off the balcony.
"You want a plate?" Bonnie asked, ready to grab a spare.
"No, I'm fine. I'll just pick." Margaux smiled, walking over.
"Sit down. Help yourself." Archie placed the chair between Bonnie and Richard.
Richard sat down next to me and gave an apologetic smile. "How did you get in the building? You gotta be buzzed in." He turned to Margaux.
"Yeah. I just caught one of the neighbours leaving. He let me in." Margaux shrugged, taking a seat.

"Right. Well, this is Katie." Richard motioned to me.
I gave a small wave, to which Margaux just nodded at me. She doesn't like me...
"... And Bonnie, Archie, Christoph, Roxy, and not forgetting the beautiful, Naomi." Richard pointed everyone one.
"Hi." Margaux waved to my friends.
"Thank you, Richard." Naomi smiled, sitting up with sass, getting a nudge from Roxy.
"Well, help yourself to the food. You're in Richard's band, right?" Bonnie smiled, moving her chair to give Margaux more space.
"No! Margaux is just a friend." Richard spoke up, as Margaux was about to. "She plays bass, yes, but Margaux is just a friend of mine. Featured in some videos, but nothing more."
"Well, sounds fun. Can't say we've seen any videos." Roxy cut the tension, I just realised was building.

"You are aware Richard is in a band, right?" Margaux looked at us all.
"Yeah, we are. We've just not got round to listening to him, yet." Archie smiled politely.
Margaux just nodded and grabbed a slice of pizza.
"I've listened to the music videos." Naomi held her hand up.
"Any good?" I laughed, making Richard choke on his drink. I know he's good.
"Eh... Not bad." Naomi tried to be serious, but ending up laughing. "You guys are really great! I really like that one song - New York City!"
"Ah." Richard smiled, nodding.
"That the one you played for me?" I turned to Richard.
"May have been." He grinned, grabbing a slice of garlic bread.
"Ha! Heard it live, bitch!" I got sassy with Naomi.
"I've seen the video. Not sure you'll like it." Naomi snickered.
"Why not?" Bonnie began to smirk.
"He-"
"He's pretty much fucking a woman, with very limited clothing..." Margaux smirked.

Richard cleared his throat, as we stopped and went silent. "What brings you here, Margaux?" Richard asked. "You wanted to see me?"
"Yeah! It can wait." Margaux gave me a look.
"What did I do to offend you?" I asked her.
"Kate." Roxy shook her head.
"No! This is my house. I don't know you. You came to see Richard, so just talk to him." I pointed out the balcony for them to talk in private.
Margaux just looked at me, until...
"Come on!" Richard grabbed her arm, pulling her off her seat and taking her outside.

As soon as the door closed, we all exhaled.
"Bloody hell..." Archie grabbed his beer.
"What have we done? You're not even an item." Bonnie looked at me.
"Richard didn't seem to like that she's here... I don't want to scare you, but it looks as if they have a history..." Christoph looked at them on the balcony.
"We're not together.... I don't like her! I want her out!" I sighed.
We were all done with the food, so to relax us, Archie stated cleaning up, allowing Roxy's help.
"We'll get rid of her. And you'll not let her in this apartment again." Christoph gave me a warning look.

"Forget about her... Let's go back to Need For Speed. I'm modelling, but what are you all wearing?" Roxy asked, taking everyone's plates, but Richard's, as he was still eating by the looks of it.
"What do you have to wear? We're gonna meet Paul Landers, so we all gotta look good." Bonnie pointed out.
"I'm wearing white. Gotta wear some awesome stuff, but I may not be able to have my half head hair." Roxy sighed.
"That's gonna be weird." I commented.
"Don't expect a ride home." Christoph joked, making Roxy hit his arm, playfully.
"Can't you dye it blonde, or are you going through the hassle? I may be able to help and make it painless, but your hair is half black and half white." Bonnie looked at Roxy's hair.
"Let's just do it. It'll take a few hours, at worst, so..." Roxy shrugged.
"Goodbye, yellow brick road." Archie crossed his arms and shook his head, leaning back on the counter, by the bin.
"Has to be done. When you want me in?" Roxy turned to Bonnie.
"Tomorrow. The sooner the better, with all that." Bonnie pulled out her phone to make a note of it.

Richard and Margaux walked back in and Margaux walked straight out the door.
"I'm so sorry about her. She usually is nice, but she knows I took you on a date... Katie, can I talk to you?" Richard pointed out on the balcony.
"Sure. I'm not needed am I?" I asked, getting up.
"No, we got it." Naomi smiled.
"You're good." Archie replied.
I smiled and followed Richard out.

I closed the door and saw everyone get up, to help clean. I turned to Richard, giving him my full attention.
"I'm not gonna lie to you... When I lived in Germany, during the production of my first album, me and Margaux were having an on and off relationship. She's not in my band and I'm hoping she wont be in anymore music videos, but I can't really promise that. We're not together and we were never serious - me and Margaux. Why she came here isn't important, but I want you to know that I do really like you, and no matter how much time, it may seem, I'm spending with Margaux, her and I are nothing. I care about you, a lot, and I do want another date. Just... Don't be scared off by her." Richard told me.
"Wow... OK... Uh..." I nodded. "That's a lot to take in, but she's nothing, right? I mean... You're friends, or...?"
"Not exactly. We're on talking terms and she had recorded a couple of songs for the album, but she's done her part! She's not relevant." Richard took my hands in his.
I saw Bonnie looking at us, in the corner of my eye.

"I trust you. I really do. I just don't like her." I looked at Richard, holding his hands.
"She won't come back here. I promise." Richard smiled, sadly.
"When you say 'you were on and off'?" I asked.
"It's off. Has been for a year, now, and it's not coming back. I closed that door and locked it." Richard lay his forehead against mine.
"I trust you." I smiled.