Chapter 29 - I Got The Need

Katie's P.O.V

Bonnie was in my room, changing, Naomi was on the phone, talking about the flowers, for the wedding, Roxy was on her laptop, shopping for her dress, for the wedding, and I was lying on the sofa, looking at my dad's art, on a museum website.

"Where's Naomi?!" Bonnie called.
"In kitchen, on the phone." Roxy replied, sat on the armchair facing our rooms.
"I'm ready. You ready?" Bonnie asked.
I sat up, putting my phone away. "Ready!" I smiled.
"Show me!" Roxy looked up from her laptop.
Bonnie walked out in the dress she's gonna wear for Avery's wedding. It was long, simple and black.
"Stunning." I smiled, standing up.
Bonnie smiled, turning around.
"I love it. Naomi!" Roxy called.

Naomi looked over and smiled. "I'll call you back, when I've spoken to my client." She said down the phone. She hung up and walked over. "You wearing that? I love it!"
"Not too much?" Bonnie asked, looking down at the dress.
"Not at all. What shoes are you wearing?" Naomi asked her, getting a look at the back of the dress.

I leaned on the back of the sofa, as Bonnie talked about her black heels. She looked amazing.
I was so scared about the wedding. I don't do dresses. I'm not myself in them, at all. I'm only invited 'cause of Naomi. I'm a friend of the family, as is Bonnie, Archie, Roxy, and Christoph.

Knock, knock.

We looked at the door, but Richard let himself in. "Christoph said it'd be open. Katie, we bought you some inspiration for your play!" He smiled, holding the door open.
"What?" I asked, as we all walked over.
"Gentlemen!" Richard called.
"Go!" We heard Archie.

Next thing we knew, Archie and Christoph were on the back of a black unicorn, with wheels, strolling into the apartment.
"I GOT THE NEED!" Archie yelled.
"THE NEED FOR SPEED!" We all laughed.

"1) How did you get it up here? 2) Where did you get it? 3) How is this helping?" I laughed.
Archie and Christoph were doing the Titanic scene, Archie in the front, on the back of the unicorn.
"There is an elevator, it was in a shop window, when me and Christoph were talking about suits for the wedding, and... How is this going to help?" Archie looked at Richard.
"You're an incredible women, it's gotta do something for you, right?" Richard shrugged.

"I can try... Who owns it?" I asked, crossing my arms, leaning back on the armchair, Roxy was sat in, before she stood next to me.
"Starting the auction, with a dinner for two at Rudy's!" Archie called out.
"Oh, here!" Naomi raised her arm, with a smile.
"Dinner for two, going onto a Broadway show!" Archie pointed at us, as Christoph climbed off, and greeted Roxy.
"I'll bite!" Bonnie smiled.
"... Wow... Uh, yeah... Broadway... Um, Broadway onto a horse and carriage ride, around Central park!" Archie stuttered looking at Bonnie's dress.
"Here!" Naomi hopped up and down.
"All expenses paid by me and the boys! Dinner, Broadway, park tour, and the once in a life time... first come, first served... Autographed photo of Paul Landers!" Archie grinned.
"ME!" Naomi screamed, jumping up.
"Damn!" Bonnie was too late.
"It's a unicorn!" I pointed out, looking at NayNay.
"It's Paul Landers!" She argued.

I looked at Archie, who shrugged. "The unicorn is yours, but Bonnie names it, as she missed out."
"Oh, thanks..." Bonnie smiled. "It's a black unicorn... Let's call it Baby."
"Why Baby?" Christoph asked, arms around Roxy's waist, chin on her shoulder, standing next to Baby and Archie.
"Why not?" Bonnie shrugged.
"'Cause no one puts baby in the corner!" Me and Archie spoke up, with a cheer.
Everyone laughed and Richard closed the door, as Archie got off the unicorn.

. . .

"Top Gun." Archie mumbled, sat on the sofa.
"What is Archie doing?" Bonnie asked, changing her clothes back, in my room, after everyone got a good look at her dress, and got over the fact Roxy's hair is all blonde. "He keeps saying random words."
I was sat on the armrest of the sofa, looking over at Archie's work. "It's a crossword."
"Crossword in your beauty magazine... Seven: down, four letters. Month ending in LY... July." Archie wrote.

We were all just hanging out in our apartment, now. Naomi was so pleased with Baby, and Archie was gonna get her Paul Landers' autograph. It don't get better for her.
Richard was tuning my bass, sat on the armchair opposite Roxy, as she was back looking at dresses, and Christoph was talking to Naomi, in the kitchen, about the wedding.

"Who's wedding is this?" Richard asked, looking at Archie and I.
"Naomi's sister, Avery. We're not talking too much about it, 'cause Naomi is actually jealous. Avery is three years younger then NayNay, and has only been with James for two years." Archie rolled his eyes.
"James is great, a little... I don't want to say dumb, but-"
"Simple. He's a lucky guy." Archie looked up at me, then to Richard.
"Right." Richard nodded.

"Speaking of the wedding... Richard are you coming, as Katie's date, or..?" Naomi walked over.
"Oh..." Richard looked up at me, as I was still on the armrest.
"We've not really mentioned it- I've not mentioned it. You don't have to come- you can, if you want- If that's OK! but you don't have to!" I stuttered out.
"Calm down. Breath." Archie mumbled, petting my foot, on the sofa.
"When is the wedding?" Richard smiled at me, turning to Naomi.
"In six months." Naomi replied, as her phone started to ring. "Avery." She walked to the balcony.

"It's August 21st." Archie spoke up, as the room went quiet.
"I can do that." Richard smiled.
"You don't have to!" I looked at him.
"Breath." Archie pet my foot, again.
"I want to." Richard looked up at me.
"Great. Let Naomi know. There's no venue, just yet, but she's making a note of food allergies, veggies, vegans, etc." Roxy looked up from her laptop.

Christoph walked in and stood behind Roxy. "Naomi looks upset." He commented.
"What?" I asked. "It's Aver- It's not cancelled is it?" I looked at Archie.
"That dress cost $200, better not be!" Bonnie ran passed, heading for the balcony, in her shorts, baggy top and socks.
"Wait for Naomi. Let's not overwhelm her." Archie dropped the crossword on the coffee table, arms out for us all to stay put.

We waited, but we only heard Bonnie go out on the balcony.
"Must be weird being blonde, again." Archie looked at Roxy.
"Yeah, but had to be done. I'm not on any contracts for my image, but it's Need For Speed." Roxy shrugged.
We all nodded and waited.
Silence...
"Something isn't right." I frowned.