Chapter 39 - My Mötley Crüe

Katie's P.O.V - 5 Hours Into Race

I followed Roxy and Lisa into a big hall. There were TV's on almost every wall, with the rally on. This was where all the models were to be, when wanting to get out of the heat.
Loads of people were in here, from the models, photographers, the press, some 'stand-by' mechanics - it was a big room, with the bonus of air-con!

Everyone else was down in the pit. Bonnie didn't want to leave Naomi and there was no chance Naomi was gonna leave for a second. I decided to go with Roxy and Lisa to get a look at the whole place. We're all only here for one day, and who knows where we'll all be this time next year, I'm gonna make the most of this!

Jordon and Flake were doing a photoshoot, with some models, over in the far right of the room. The wall on our left was all windows, overlooking the track. You could hear the odd driver flying by, every few seconds.
We walked over to them and Jordon smiled.
"You girls want in?" He asked, cleaning the lens on his camera.
"I'm not due for another 10 minutes, but if you can get us in now?" Lisa checked the clock on the wall, to the right of the small booth-thingy.
"I can get you in - No worries. Fancy a laugh, Katie?" Jordon asked, as Flake finished with his small group.
"I can bite." I smiled, joining Lisa and Roxy.

We stood with our backs to a white sheet, hanging on the wall, as Jordon set up. The windows were on the opposite side of the room, so from where we were stood, we could just see the odd car flash around a corner. Just a small blur of some colour, as they vanished around the course.

There was faint music playing from the speakers in each corner of the room. You could hear the announcer talking through the speakers, over the music.
Some Mötley Crüe was playing at the moment - Live Wire. Good old 1981!
"Oh! My Mötley Crüe are playing!" Some model squealed, as Jordon took the first picture, standing behind him, as he did.
"Your Mötley Crüe?!" I yelled out, surprising myself, Roxy and Lisa, making us laugh. "When were they yours?! This song is from 1981! My dad got this on vinyl, when it first came out. How old are you?! When did you meet them? How did you meet them?!" I asked, doing some gangster poses with Lisa and Roxy, all whiles laughing.

Jordon started laughing as the girl looked at me, before walking away.
"If Mötley Crüe are yours, then I get both Queen and Guns N' Roses!" I pointed at her, as she walked away with her friends, in a hurry.
"And I get Led Zeppelin!" Jordon call over his shoulder.
Whiles this was happening Christoph and Richard walked in and me and the girls were doing silly poses.

The boys stood by and watched, before I figured if anyone was to get paid for this, then Jordon, Roxy and Lisa should get on with it.
"One more for road!" I smiled, giving the camera the middle finger, with Lisa sticking her tongue out, on my left, and Roxy wrapping her arms around me, on my right.
Jordon snapped it. "Give me each your emails. I'll send these to you!" He smiled.
We wrote down our emails for him and I stood with Christoph and Richard, as the models did their job.

"If you two could own any old bands, one from England, one from America, who would you own? I'm getting Queen and Guns 'N Roses!" I asked them.
"Def Leppard and Bon Jovi." Christoph replied, without thinking.
"Nice!" I nodded at him. "Richard?"
"I'd have to manage Sweet and ... Either Kiss or Aerosmith." Richard replied, unable to decide.
"Noice!" I nodded, leaning on his shoulder.
"You are unbelievable." Christoph muttered about me, with a smile, watching Roxy.
"At least I know you two have taste!" I smiled, as Richard put an arm around my waist, smiling.
"I'm in a band. Of course I have taste." Richard grinned.

"Paul Landers is pulling into the pit! Looks like his gas is finally running out! That man can go on for hours, who is his mechanic?!" The announcer announced.
"Archie Hobbs!" I smiled, as we turned to the screens.
Paul just pulled in and his second driver pulled out, making up for the time.
"He'll do one lap and Paul will be straight back out." Flake commented, looking up at the TV, next to the photography booth, all of us agreeing.
"Five hours already. I'd of left within three!" Christoph joked.
"Driving is his passion. You can take everything he has from him, and he won't care. Take away his licence and he'll never forgive you." Richard smiled, watching the TV, as the race continued.
"What place is he in?" Lisa asked, posing again.
"Paul Landers ..." We waited for it to come up on screen. "He is in fifth place." I told her.
"He's buying time. In the last three hours, he'll go for it." Richard told us.
"He's gonna win. Look at the numbers! Lap 15." Christoph pointed it out, just before it went back to the race.
"What's the most laps ever done?" Jordon asked, pausing his work for a moment.
"34, by the end. 35 was the win, 10 years ago. The course is bigger now, though." Christoph told us.
"Nerd." Roxy mumbled.
"Do you wanna move in or not?" Christoph joked, making her blush.

"Don't argue, again. How many to beat for Paul's record?" I asked, as Toy Dolls version of 'Livin' La Vida Loca' came on the speakers.
"32. He's won on 29 before, though! That was his second race. Last year he won on 32 laps. Second was 30 exact, with three fouls from third, forth and seventh place." Christoph smiled.
"You love the rally, huh?" Richard asked, genuinely curious.
"It's for charity and Paul is German. My home land." Christoph replied. The Need For Speed was something we all loved.
"We should take a trip to Germany." I suggested.
"Yeah! All seven of us!" Roxy smiled at me.
"I could convince Paul to join us, for Naomi." Richard offered, looking between me and Roxy.
"Yes!" Me and Roxy nodded.

Roxy and Lisa finished their shoot and we decided to head back into the pit. Paul had already gone back out there, by the time we arrived back. Archie was drawing on Bonnie's face, with her eyeliner pencil, by the entrance, and Naomi was watching the TV.
We told them the idea of going to Germany and we all agreed once the wedding, and Roxy moving, was out of the way, then we'd all find a clear week in our schedules. If one of us couldn't go, then neither of us would.