End of the awkwardness?

I made way back to my father, we sat down on the bench waiting for the game to start.

The players ran over to the pitch and with the whistle it began.

First half was very interesting, barca had a lot of chances to score which they not used.
In the 40th minute gavi scored and guess what, he ran over to us and hugged me.
I was standing like my father because of the exiting first half and yes I was also happy for gavi scoring, but the fact that he extra came over to hug me made me..idk upset.
He didn't needed to do that, people are already convinced that we are a couple so why is he keep showing it. Like okay we were told that we need to do that couple stuff, that whole hugging, holding hands and stuff, but something about this, running over to me after his goal was never mentioned.

I tried to cover my pissed off face with a fake smile. He then went back, doing his kiss celebration yk.

He walked to his teammates, they all embraced him into a hug, except pedri..
I knew what this was about. I can tell from his starring at gavi, that he is mad and jealous. I can't blame him, to be honest I think I would do worse.

The problem was now, what will the fans think about pedri acting like an ass not celebrating/hugging with gavi?

After that whole awkwardness the game continued.

While halftime I was just still sitting on the bench.
Gavi came over quickly before the game was about to start again. He told me that hopefully I knew that the hug was just for the media and he said he hoped that it wasn't awkward for me. I told him that it was all right and that his goal was pretty good.

The game ended 2-1 with pedri scoring.
This time it was him scoring, but still couldn't come over to me for a hug, he couldn't do the thing that gavi just did.
They all hugged pedri, but pedri didn't hugged gavi back, I guess he was still mad and jealous about the hug.
It's just he is making it way to suspicious, what will the fans and gavi think? Ugh I really gotta talk to pedri, he needs to control himself from now on.

Gavis pov:

We luckily won. We are now heading to the locker room.

I changed quickly because I wanted to talk to pedri before we head off. I sat down next to him and just spilled everything out.
"Pedri what is up with you?".
"What do you mean gavi? Nothing is going on.".
"No seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Why are you acting like an ass? What is going on with you? What is your intention? Not hugging me back, since when are you so unprofessional, don't you even care what the fans will think?"
"Wohw, wohw slow down gavi. I don't have a problem all right, it's just I'm in a bad mood lately."
"Well yeah the problem is you're always in a bad mood lately, since you came back from madrid, since the night you broke up with your "lover". I just don't get it, why can't you just talk to me, tell me about it. You've been so distant pedri, where is the pedri I knew? The pedri that told me every little detail, the pedri that even told me about the girl he looked at once."
"God gavi it's nothing like that okay. Nothing. I just can't. I can't tell you what it is right now. I'm not ready yet."
"I wonder when you'll be pedri. I came here to talk to you, I wanted you to talk to me. I wondered if you could give me ideas how I should open up to ayla. I want to ask her out tonight, I want to tell her about my feelings I don't how."
"The only advice I can give you gavi is, don't ask her out. I don't think you should."
"Why? Did you forget, I told you how I fell in love with her, why shouldn't I ask her now? I don't get you pedri I really don't."
"I just don't think she is the right one gavi that's all. And didn't you ask me about my opinion?"
"Pedri you barely know her?"
"Yeah but-"
"No you know what pedri, you already made me regret that I asked you for advice. Just however manage to solve your problem with this one girl or whoever is making you act like an ass otherwise don't be around me. I really don't want to be around you if you will keep acting like an ass like this."
I said leaving the room.
I went to ayla.
"Let's go"
"Wait aren't waiting for pedri to drive us again?" She questioned.
"No, we will take a taxi." I said and she nod.

As we made our way out of the stadium almost everyone took pictures of us. We both thought that it's a good moment to hold hands.
We walked to a taxi while holding hands.

We drove to a restaurant and went inside also holding hands. We sat down at a table which was located in a more private corner.

The waitress came and we ordered our meal.

"Hey, gavi I have been meaning to tell you something" she said while we waited for our food.
"Sure, what is it?" I asked. "So okay, I think we should however stop this fake-dating thing to be awkward. We should solve this kind of awkwardness you know what I mean? I think this doesn't have to be this awkward, we like can be friends when we are alone and when we are in public we are going to act like a couple."
"To be honest I think the same way. I mean this has been really awkward lately, but it doesn't really has to be if we both are friends"
"Yes exactly. Sooo what is it "new friend", what's been bothering you?" She questioned.
"You've known me just like for a week or something, how do you know I'm not all right?"
"Welll lets say I'm a good at sensing things. We will clearly have to see each other a lot from now on, so I want to make sure that you know that I'm here for you, to talk, as your friend gavi. So feel comfortable and start telling me what's been bothering you."
"So yeah, it's pedri. Since he came back from his studies, he has been acting all weird. It's clearly a girl I'm sure of it. It's like he isn't telling me anything anymore. We are childhood friends and we really used to tell each other every little shit, but now everything changed, he changed, our bond changed. I asked him in the locker room what has been going on lately, but he just said that it is nothing and that he is not ready to talk yet. I mean since when do we need time to open up to each other, we used to tell each other everything right away.."
"Ohh. Well gavi I think you don't need to worry that much. I'm sure he'll open up to you soon like you guys did before. It's just sometimes somethings need time to process and pedri does probably need that time too. After he is ready you'll be the first one to know about it, about his problem that he had lately. I'm pretty aware of that so should you. Just trust him with this and don't worry." She said comforting me. To be honest this helped a lot. I needed that talk, I needed her I think. It was nice to have the opportunity to talk to such a nice person to.

"Thanks ayla, I really appreciate it. I think this talk was exactly what I needed. I feel a lot better now."

"I'm happy I could made you feel better then" she said with a warmth smile.

The rest of the dinner we just chitchatted and ate.

She is so nice and pretty. I really like her, really.
I was way too scared to ask her out tonight but I will soon. It's not like we are not going to see each other everyday because of the fake dating stuff, so I have still a lot of time to ask.