Chapter 1: The Night That Left Scars

No one's POV

"Y/n pup. Come here" Sirius said quietly. His little girl who barely knew how to walk looked at him. He opened his arms to her.

"No come to Uncle Prongs," James said next to him. She looked over at him before crawling over to Sirius. He smiled and picked her up. Her giggle rang through the room as he brought her back down to his chest and kissed her head. "Ok, why does my kid and your kid seem to like you more" James. The little girl looked at James before pointing at him and leaning towards him. Sirius laughed a little.

"Well she seems to like you," he said before passing her over to James. James smiled at her and kissed her forehead. She snuggled into his shoulder. Sirius watched for a second. "Where'd your kid go anyways" he asked.

"He's in the crib."

The little girl looked at Sirius.

"You tired pup" he asked as he saw her drifting off a little. James looked at her.

"She can lay in the crib with Harry"

"Alright"

James passed the girl back.

"Come on y/n. Let's go see Harry" Sirius said standing up with her and bouncing her a little on his side. She giggled a little before they made it to the crib. Harry was sitting in the crib playing with a stuffed animal. Sirius placed the little girl down and moved to grab her stuffed hippogriff from the baby bag. He put it near the girl who grabbed it and hugged it. She sat there for a little before lying down. Sirius kissed her head before him and James walked out.

"You can keep her here tonight when you have work instead of paying that sitter," James said.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"That would be great. Thanks"

"Of course"

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆

Later that night Sirius said goodbye to his little girl who was sleeping in the crib with Harry. Harry was only a few months older than the girl being born in July while the girl was born in September. She had just had her first birthday last month and Sirius was overjoyed. He has raised her by himself for the last year. The mother of his child had passed away in a battle with a death eater only a few days after she was born. James and Lily did a lot to help him along with James' parents which he wished he had.

"I'll see you tomorrow pup," Sirius said quietly. James put a hand on his shoulder.

"She'll have fun here and then we can have dinner tomorrow night like planned with Remus and Peter"

"Sounds like a plan mate. Thanks for taking her again"

"Anything for you and your adorable baby girl"

Sirius shook his head a little before they walked out of the baby's room and into the kitchen.

"Stay safe Sirius," Lily said pulling him into a quick hug as she was preparing dinner for her and her husband

"I will. You two stay safe as well. I'll be back tomorrow for dinner and my daughter."

"Alright. Well take good care of her"

"Thank you" he looked back at the other room and saw her sleeping. He sighed. He grabbed his stuff before waving bye and walking out the door. James looked at the two sleeping kids.

"I'll finish off the food if you want to see the kids. I feel like I haven't helped much today" he said.

"That would be great James. Thanks."