Chapter 30: Home

Y/n pov

I knew Dumbledore was going to make a speech about Cedric today. I was still in the hospital wing so I didn't go down. My wrists are sore and very bruised. The cut on my cheek from Wormtail was much deeper than I thought and needed stitches and the place where the rope was on my stomach needed some stitches too. I haven't left the hospital wing yet. I don't know how much I want to. The door opened to the hospital wing and Harry walked through. He gave me a small smile which hurt to return. He sat down next to me.

"Me and Hermione packed up your trunk"

"Thanks" I mumbled

"How are you feeling"

I shrugged. He grabbed my hand and sighed.

"Every time I try to think how I could've saved him. Sometimes I think I should've let the bushes take him but that's not me. I really wish this didn't happen." I nodded. He sighed again. "Can you give me something? Please besides yes or no. Or thanks. Something else." He pleaded with me. I looked over at him.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. He shook his head a little out of confusion

"Ok, not that," he said with a small chuckle. "Why are you sorry?" I looked back at the bed.

"I don't know" I whispered.

"Ok," He whispered. He unlinked our hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me Into his chest.

"We leave soon," he said. I nodded "You can see Moony"

"Yeah"

"Letter me. I need to know you're ok. Alright"

I nodded again.

.-.-

The train ride back was silent. I sat in the corner tracing shapes on my skin. Hermione had fallen asleep and the other two were just sitting in silence. Harry was watching the window. The station was in sight and Harry grabbed my trunk for me.

We got off the train.

"Letter. Me." Harry said holding my shoulders.

"I'll try" I whispered. He sighed before pulling me into his chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around me. I wrapped mine around him and took a deep breath before letting it out. He let go soon after. His hands still on my shoulders. He leaned forward and kissed the top of my head.

"Be safe" he said before walking away. I watched him for a second before Moony came up to me.

"You ready pup?" He asked. I shrugged. He looked at me sympathetically. "Come on dad's waiting" I nodded and followed him to where he hid to apperate.

We made it back to the house and Moony took my trunk.

"Sirius your daughter here!" Remus yelled.

"Coming" I heard footsteps as I followed Moony before seeing Dad's long hair. The only smile I could manage at the moment appeared on my lips. He had a sympathetic look too but quickly pulled me into a hug. I could smell the cologne he used. Same stuff he used when I was little making me relax into his touch.

"Let's show you your room"

.-.-

It's a few weeks into break at this point and I haven't left the room. I wake up screaming in the early hours of the morning and every time I think of eating I feel my stomach turn. Though every night I see him. Cedric. I see him pointing his wand. Sometimes I see him smile before he's torn away from me. There's always hot tears on my cheek and dad next to me when I wake up. Usually, I'm in his arms and he's whispering things to me. Other times he's sitting nearby rubbing my arm with some water as I probably wouldn't let him near me.

The weasleys showed up today along with Hermione making the house so much louder. Dad warned me they were coming. He told me last night before I went to bed though I didn't sleep. I didn't want to. I didn't want to see his face again. It hurt.

The door opened slowly and Dad was in the door frame.

"Hi pup," he said quietly. "I've got some people who want to see you if that's ok" I nodded a little and Fred came in. He sat on the bed next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"How are you doing" he whispered.

"Don't know" I mumbled. He squeezed me before pulling away. Hermione then came in and pulled me into a bigger hug. She held me tightly before looking at me.

"I didn't get any letters from you. We were worried" she whispered

"Sorry," I said softly.

George and Ron came in hugged me and checked on me before Dad said that he needed to talk to me alone and they walked out and Fred shut the door behind them.

"You want to come downstairs pup?"

"No" I whispered. He sat down in front of me with a sigh. He then rested his hand on my arm and gave me a small smile.

"Moonys gonna come up in a little"

"Ok"

He stood up and kissed my forehead.

"Get some sleep, please. I know you didn't sleep last night"

"I'll try"

"Good. Love ya pup."

"Love you too."