Chapter 27: Ill Always Protect You

Y/n pov

I woke up to the feeling of someone's arm tight around me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw I was nestled into the neck of someone. I looked up slowly and saw Harry's jet-black hair. Both of his arms were wrapped around me.

"Harry" I whispered.

"Hm?" He hummed tiredly.

"Morning"

"Morning" he mumbled.

"Can I get up?"

"Why"

"Cause it's Morning and you're in my bed"

"Fine" He whispered before letting me go. I smiled a little before getting up.

"You really did My Astronomy homework?" I asked. He turned in the bed to look at me.

"Yeah. You looked super tired."

"I was"

"Did you sleep the night before?" he said now sitting up a little.

"Uh..." I paused thinking for a second before I looked at him. "Oh I was doing some homework or something and fell asleep then woke up because of a nightmare and didn't go back to sleep after that"

"Y/n"

"What"

"You have to sleep"

"I know"

"Do you always get nightmares"

"Most nights"

"Did you get one last night?"

"Uh no. That was actually the first night in a while I hadn't had a nightmare"

"That's great"

I walked back over to him and stood in front of him. He looked over at the clock.

"Y/n It's like 1 am," he said. I blinked a couple of times.

"What?"

"It's 1 am," he said laughing a little. I looked over at the clock and it read 1 am. I sighed before resting my forehead on Harry's head. He laughed a little before he wrapped both arms around my stomach and dragged me back into bed. I held onto his arms as he rolled over to lay back down.

"You suck" I mumbled against his shoulder

"Do not. I could've let you get ready"

"True"

He pulled the blankets over us. I had one of my hands on his chest and traced shapes with my finger.

"What's on your mind" he whispered above me

"The last task" I whispered "I just have a feeling something going to go wrong" I mumbled

"It won't. I promise"

"Harry you know you can't promise that"

"Well, I can say that if something does go wrong I'll protect you first." I shook my head a little

"Why?"

He pulled back a little and looked at me.

"Why?" He repeated. "Because your my best friend and I'll always protect you"

I smiled a little going closer to him

"Ok" I whispered

I hated the words best and friend in that moment and I didn't know why. That's us. Best friends. Maybe I was hoping for more than that but he likes Cho and not me. He held onto me tightly.

"Please don't get hurt" I whispered

"Y/n" he mumbled

"What?"

"Everything will be fine"

"But-"

"Go to sleep"

I sighed before laying my head back down.

"Goodnight" he whispered

"Goodnight," I said quietly

.-.-.-

"Harry what are you doing in here" I heard Hermiones' voice say waking me up. He groaned above me.

"Sleeping" he grumbled

"Well, not anymore. Me and y/n have to get ready"

"Fine," He said. He rolled over and grabbed his glasses. "Me and Ron will meet you downstairs"

"Alright shoo"

He said goodbye to me before walking out of the dorm.

"So what was that all about," Hermione said raising her eyebrows.

"He came in last night to make sure I warmed up. Then he did my Astronomy homework and made me sleep while he did it"

"So he found out you haven't slept in a couple of weeks."

"I only told him one day"

"Y/n," she said

"What"

"I told you to actually tell him"

"Well, I didn't feel like it."

"When are you going to him you like him"

"I can't Hermione," I said grabbing my uniform

"That's bullshit"

"No its not"

"I just woke up to the both of you cuddling in your bed. There's no way you can't just tell him. I bet hell say it back"

I went to speak but stopped myself not knowing what to say. She just shook her head.

"Theres nothing there. He likes cho" I mumbled putting my tie on and fixing my skirt.

"Chos with Cedric. He can't like her for too much longer"

"Hermione there's nothing there," I said again. She just sighed.

"Whatever you say. "

.-.-.-.

We got back from classes and I sat down on the couch and Harry sat next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder as he pulled me towards him.

"The next trial is soon" I whispered

"Yeah this weekend," he said back. 

"You've got any clue of what it is"

"None" I sighed.

"We talked about this the other day"

"I know but-"

"Shh Just sit with me" I nodded slowly and played with the string of the sweatshirt he had put on earlier. He looked down at me and moved his hand to play with the ends of my hair. "You have to stop worrying about me"

"Don't think I ever will. I never have"

"Even when we were little?" He asked in a really quiet whisper. I looked up at him and thought for a moment

"Yeah. I can't exactly remember when but I always knew I was worried about someone especially when I saw your pictures around Moonys house." I saw him smile a little above me. I smiled a little looking down. I felt him tilt his head above me. He sighed a little.

"You should head to bed," He said. I looked back up at him.

"Why"

"Because you need sleep"

"But I'm comfy" I mumbled. He sighed before getting up and scooping me into his arms.

"Let's go," he said

"Haza," I said drawing out the a.

"Nope your going to bed"

I sighed.

"Fine" I mumbled resting my head on his shoulder.