Chapter 9: Execution Day

Y/n pov

The crystal ball was sat in the middle of the table. I was sitting next to Harry and Ron next to Hermione. I hand my head resting on my arms which were on the table. I had a couple of new scars from the last full moon after break. There was one along the side of my neck. Harry nudged me a bit as she was teaching. I looked.

"What happened to your neck" he whispered. I touched my finger to the scar.

"Nothing. It's fine" I mumbled

"Y/n" he started before professor trawlney walked over.

"Now what do we have here" she said looking at the crystal ball.

"Do you mind me trying?" Hermione said nicely. She nodded. "The grim possibly," she said deadpan.

"My dear from the moment you stepped into my class I sensed that you did not have the proper spirit for the Nobel art of divination" She grabbed Hermione and hand started tracing lines on her palm.

"She's not gonna like that" I whispered earning a kick in the shin from ron.

"No, you see there. You may be young in years but your heart is as shriveled as an old maid's mind. your soul as dry as the pages of the books you so desperately cleave" Hermione glared at her before hitting the crystal ball off the table. I had to move out of the way so it didn't hit me making me bumble into Harry. she stormed off and the processor looked at us. "have I said something" she said. I sighed and went back to leaning on my arms. 

we walked out when the class was finished 

"she's gone mental Hermione has. I mean she was always mental but now it's out in the open for everyone to see" ron said. I hit the back of his head before Harry saw the ball on the ground

"We better return this," he said

"you think I'm going back up after that your mad" I said. 

"neither am I," ron said

"fine. see you two later" Harry said

"good luck," I said in a singsongy voice. he rolled his eyes before walking back up the stairs. while we were walking someone bumped into me from behind. I turned around and saw the Hufflepuff seeker behind me. 

"oh y/n!" he said looking at me. 

"hey Cedric," I said

"I did mean to come to see how your arm was doing from the game but could never find you"

"I'm fine now," I said

"Well, Dad wanted me to ask if you wanted to come over this summer for that family dinner we usually do. he meant to send a letter to your uncle but I thought it better if I come talk to you"

"I'll have to check but probably. if your dad brings up that quidditch match though I might have to hex him"

he laughed a little. 

"alright. ill talk to him."

"see ya ced"

"bye n/n"

as we walked away ron looked at me

"I didn't know you knew him," he said

"same last name dumbass," I said. he scoffed

"Whatever"

.-.-.

we were walking to Hagrid to talk to him before Buckbeack was to be killed. 

"I can't believe that they're going to kill backbeat," Hermione said

"it's horrible" I whispered

"it's about to get much worse," ron said looking toward Malfoy and his goons.

"Father said I can keep the head. i think ill donate it to the Gryffindor common room. " Malfoy said. Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him so I couldn't hit Malfoy. I sighed before seeing Hermione walk towards him.

"Look who's here. come to see the show" Malfoy said

"you foul loathsome evil little cockroach!" Hermione yelled walking over and putting her wand to his neck. he whimpered at it and closed his eyes tightly. 

"Hermione no! he's not worth it," Harry said

she slowly put her wand down and walked away as he laughed. She quickly turned around and sent a punch to his face. he groaned and then he and his group ran up to the castle. 

"that felt good," Hermione said

"not good brilliant"

"and hot," I said nudging ron a bit. he hit me hard making me yelp in pain. Harry looked over at ron and ron picked his hands up in defeat. we walked down to Hagrid Hut and I saw Buckbeat. I went over to him and he let me walk over to him. I carefully petted the animal and it nuzzled into my hand. "Merlin why would they kill an animal this sweet" I said. 

"don't know," Harry said behind me. I looked over at him and he nodded toward the door. I nodded and patted the bird on the head. I slowly got up and walked over to Harry. he wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we walked into the hut. 

"why don't we just set him free," ron said

"they'd know it was me and then dumbdore would get in trouble. he's coming down, dumbldore. wants to be with me when they...when it happens. a great man Dumbledore. great man" 

"We can stay too," Harry said

"you'll do no such thing. think I want you to see something like that? no. you just drink your tea and be off. oh and ron" he pulled out scabers which I was informed went missing. 

"scabers!" he said taking him from Hagrid.

"keep a closer on your pets"

"I think you owe someone an apology," Hermine said

"right next time I see Crookshanks ill tell him"

"I meant me," she said

then a rock flew through the window and broke a pot. I jumped back a little.

"blimey what was that?" ron asked. I shrugged before something hit Harry in the back of the head. 

"shit" I whispered as I saw Barty and Dumbledore walking down. I grabbed Harry's arm. "we have to go" 

"It's getting late. it's nearly dark. you have to go. someone sees you outside at this time you'll be in big trouble. partially you Harry. " he said. then there was a knock on the door. "be with you in a moment."

I pulled Harry's arm and pulled him out the back door. once we saw Dumbledore walk into the hut we ran back up the hill. we watched from above as the executed came up and raised his axe above the animal's head. then we watched it drop. memories of Dad giving me the little hippogriff plagued my mind and I felt tears sting my eyes. Harry wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his stomach and put my head into the crook of his neck. he rubbed my shoulder a little as I felt tears go down my cheek.