Chapter 3: Here We Go Again

Y/n pov

We made it to the great hall and sat down. I sat across from Harry and listened to Dumbledore's speech. I saw Moony looking towards us. I gave him a small wave and he smiled in return. I looked back at Dumbledore who was still talking.

"Psst. Harry, is it true you fainted? Like actually fainted" Draco whispered. I shot him a glare and he smirked at me.

"Shove off Malfoy," ron said grabbing Harry's shoulder and turning him back to the table.

"Ignore him" I whispered. "He's a no good Slytherin" Harry smiled a little at me.

"He's the first target this year I assume" George whispered nudging me a bit.

"Always. I already have a plan" I whispered back as the food appeared on the table

"Of course you do"

Dumbledore then shared that Hagrid was going to be filling in for care for magical creatures teacher. We cheered loudly as he stood up moving the entire table. Me and George laughed earning a kick in the shin from Hermione. Dumbledore then continued talking about the dementors. I saw Harry shifting uncomfortably across the table.

We headed up toward the dorms where Seamus was trying to get in. Harry walked up.

"Fortuna major," he said

"Hold on," she said before screeching loudly.

"Fortuna major," I said.

"All right all right go on"

"Thank you" Harry muttered.

He and Seamus walked in complaining about her once again. I laughed a little before heading up to my dorm.  I could hear the boy's dorm messing around through their open window and mine. I changed into my comfortable clothes before grabbing a book and sitting in the common room.   I sat down on the couch and opened my book. I didn't realize how late it was until I heard someone walking down one of the dorm stairs and sitting down next to me.

"How'd I know you be down here" I looked up and saw Harry

"Lucky guess?" I asked. He laughed a little.

"You enjoying your book"

"Yeah"

"You might want to head to bed," he said "We have divinations tomorrow morning"

"What time is it now"

"Midnight"

"Oh shit," I muttered. I grabbed my bookmark and put it in my book. I looked over at Harry. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆

We sat there as the teacher introduced herself. I drank the tea that was in front of me. She bugged poor Neville about his grandmother before coming over to our table. She walked over to Ron.

"Your aroa is pulsing. You must be in the beyon" she said excitedly. "Read the cup"

He grabbed the tea cup and looked at it.

"Harry got some wonky cross. That could be trial and suffering and over here could be a sun. Happiness. So you are going to suffer...but be happy about it." Ron said. I tried not to laugh as he read it.

"Oh, here dear boy. Give me the cup." Ron handed her the cup and she looked at it before immediately throwing it back down with a scream. "Oh my poor boy," she said looking at Harry. "You have the grim."

"The grin," Seamus asked

"No the grim," I said looking it up in the book. "Taking the form of a dog. It is one of the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death" I said quietly. Harry looked over at me with wide eyes. He grabbed the cup and looked at it. I grabbed his arm and he looked at me.

After class, we started heading down to Hagrid's class.

"Do you think the omen has to do with Sirius black?" Ron asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh right meant to fill you in. Mr. Weasly thinks that he escaped to kill me"

My entire body tensed. No. He wouldn't. He's innocent I know it.

"Oh," I said quietly.

"Come on Ron. If you ask me the definition is wholly deseplin. Now ancient ruins that's a fascinating subject"

"What. You can't be taking that. It takes place at the same time" I said joining the conversation again.

"How many classes are you taking" Ron asked.

"A fair few"

"Don't be silly. I can't be at two classes at one y/n that's not possible." Then she started mimicking the professor. I laughed a little. We walked down to where Hagrid was.

"Come on now. I've got a great surprise for you all" Hagrid said. "Follow me" We followed him down the path to an opening in the trees.

"Right, all of you. Stop the chattering and make a group over there. As well as open your books to page 34"

"And how exactly do we do that?" I asked.

"Stroke the spine Of course"

"Of course" I mumbled stoking the spine. He walked away.

"I think they're funny," Hermione said to me.

"Oh yes terribly funny. God this place has gone to the dogs" Draco said. I turned and gave him a sharp glare. "Wait until my father hears this oaf is teaching classes"

"Shut up Malfoy," Harry said pushing through people. Draco started to walk up to him before backing up weirdly

"Dementor dementor" he shouted. We spun around quickly just to hear him laugh.

"Ignore him," Hermione said grabbing Harry. I went to go punch Malfoy in the face myself when Hagrid came back.

"You got lucky Malfoy," I said.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid said walking over with a hypogriff. A smile grew on my face. "His name is Buckbeat. The first thing you need to know is that they are very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You don't want to insult a hypogriff. It might be the last thing you ever do. Now who'd like to come say hello" I took a small step forward while everyone else took a step back.

"Y/n Harry come on" Harry looked back at the others before me. I stepped forward a bit and Harry quickly followed. He told us to bow and I did so Buckbeat started walking towards us and Hagrid had us back off but I stayed put. I bowed a little lower and soon the creature bowed back. I smiled.

"Good job y/n. Harry, you try"

He did the same thing as me before it bowed down in front of him.

"Great job now come and pet it"

I went first with Harry right behind me. I put my hand out to it and it slowly walked closer and put its beak into my hand. I smiled and petted the beak. Harry soon came up next to me and did the same.

"I think ya can ride him now," Hagrid said.

"What?" Harry asked. He walked over to Harry and picked him up. "Hagrid put me down. Hagrid" he said as he was placed on the back. Hagrid then walked over to me and put me on the back behind Harry.

"You ready Harry," I asked

"Why are you so excited for this" he said right as Hagrid sent us off. Harry grabbed on tightly around the neck and I quickly wrapped my arms around his stomach. He tensed up slightly as we started flying. I had a huge smile on my face as we flew over the lake. I slowly let go of Harry and put my arms out to the side. Harry looked back at me quickly

"Come on Harry it's fun," I said. He smiled a little before doing it. He yelled out and I did the same. Buckbeak went close to the water and I put my hand in it. The buckbeat shot up and I quickly grabbed onto Harry again. He grabbed onto buckbeak and we flew back