Chapter 25: McGonagalls Office

Y/n piv

We were at the bridge trying to figure out Harry's egg. I was sitting on the railing with Harry right next to me watching me cautiously.

"Harry you told me you figured out that egg weeks ago. The task is in two days!" Hermione said.

"Really? I had no idea" Harry mumbled. I smacked his arm and he rolled his eyes. "I suppose Viktor already figured it out."

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being." I raised my eyebrows at her and she retreated on what she said. "I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." Harry nodded before we heard Cedric call him. He started to walk away from us while I just sat and watched the river below me. Looking down reminds me of the hippogriff last year. A smile came to my face as the memories came back to me.

I felt someone lean next to me.

"Harry needs to calm down a little," Cedric said next to me.

"He's a little pissy today," I said with a laugh. "You also took Cho to the yule ball and I think he was going to ask her"

"Not you?"

"What?"

"He wasn't going to ask you"

"No. We're friends ced"

"Ah. Understood"

I looked over at him.

"What'd you tell him."

"Tried to hint at the egg."

"Oh."

He nodded

"I hope he understood. It could be dangerous if he doesn't"

"Yeah"

"Cedric! Come on!" One of his friends yelled. He sighed.

"Well talk later"

"Ok"

"Bye"

"Bye"

He walked off and I looked to where Hermione was before seeing she was gone.

"They left me," I mumbled to myself before jumping back down to the path and grabbing my bag. "Again!"

.-.-.-

I sat on the couch in the common room while reading a book when Harry walked back into the common room. His hair was slightly damp so I was guessing he took a shower. Were I don't know. He looked around the room until his eyes landed on mine.

"Hermiones going to kill me," he said sitting down next to me.

"Why"

"I don't know what this egg means" he rested his head on my shoulder. I put my hand over his.

"Well figure it out. Let's get the other two and go to the library."

"Just" he sighed. "Can we sit for a minute? I just want a break for a little."

"Yeah," I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and wrapped him in a hug. He held onto my arms. "You're doing great" I whispered. "I promise you" he gave my hand a squeeze

"Thank you"

I nodded above him while rubbing his shoulder.

.-.-.-.-.

"Harry tell me again," Hermione said as we sat in the library. I was sitting on the desk with Harry's stacks of books next to me and him in front of me. Ron was in the other chair with Hermione next to him.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry said repeating the first part for probably the millionth time.

"The black lake. That's obvious" Hermione said pacing a little

"An hour long you'll have to look"

"Again obvious though I'd admit potentially problematic"

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Hermione?" Harry snapped making me jump a little.

"Look Harry we can do this. The four of us can figure this out" I said rubbing his shoulders. Then I heard someone clear their throat. Moody was standing nearby and my chest tightened a little. Harry grabbed my hand.

"Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office," Moody said. Harry went to get up when he spoke again "Not you Potter, just Weasly Black and Granger."

"But sir the second task is only hours away and..." Hermione started.

"Actually. Presumably, potter is well prepared by now and could use a good night's rest. Go on"

I slowly slid off the table. Harry looked over at me and squeezed my hand with a worried look on his face.

"Well both be fine. Get some rest like he said. You'll do great" I whispered before Moody put his hand on my arm. I immediately moved away from him and to Hermione.

We made it up to McGonagall's office and Moody left. We sat down. Hermione went to speak when McGonagall started.

"You three are what our competitors will be trying to get in their next task," McGonagall said.

"What?" Hermione said.

"You won't feel a thing." She reassured before pulling out her wand and casting a spell.