Chapter 20: Im Not An Owl

Y/n pov

It's been a little while and Harry still doesn't know his first task. I've talked to him and now Ron's pissed at me. What the fuck did I do. Talk to our friend who's in a deadly tournament. Merlin needs to control his temper now and then. Me Nevil and Harry are by the black lake. It's a weekend so I'm in jeans and I think Fred's quidditch jumper. It's one of the twins that's all I know. Neville is reading his book from Professor Moody. I usually like defense of the dark arts but this year well let's say that first class sorta traumatized me. I hate going into that blasted room. Harry's always nearby though.

Neville started mumbling about his book again when Harry said something

"Sorry," Neville said. I gave him a small smile before going back to throwing things into the water.

"Magical water plants of the highland lochs?" Harry asked.

"Moody gave it to me the day we had tea" Neville replied. I looked over before seeing Ron Ginny and Hermione. She whispered something to Ron before looking at Harry.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you." She said slowly

"Is that right well...what?" Harry said back.

"Umm," she turned back to Ron. "Dean was told by Parvati that... Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you"

"Well you can tell Ronald-"

"I'm not an owl!" She snapped. She looked over at me and I gave her a sympathetic look. She took a breath before walking off. I turned back to look at the water.

"Merlin you two are terrible at communicating" I mumbled. Then I felt something hit my shoulder. I turned and saw Harry with a small grin. "You're dead potter," I said getting up.

"Neville time to go. She gonna kill me" Harry said before running off. Neville had a smile on his face before following.

.-.-.-.-

I was sitting in the common room waiting for Harry to come back. Ron walked out and froze when he saw me. I smiled at him before going back to my book.

"Is Harry here?" he asked blandly.

"No he went to hagrids," I said with a small smile. Ron let out a breath before sitting down. We sat in silence for a minute before I spoke up.

"You're mad at him" he shrugged. I scoffed. "Ron, are you serious? You've been best friends since first year and you're mad at him over some stupid deadly tournament that he didn't want to be in" he glanced up at me and sighed.

"I don't know. I know I shouldn't be but I am. I'll sort it out"

"You better. Classes are starting to feel weird." He scoffed a little.

"I'm going to bed"

"Night"

"Night n/n"

After a while I felt myself dozing off on the couch then Harry came through the door. The invisibility cloak in his hands. He sat next to me and let out a breath. I looked over at him before leaning my head on his shoulder.

"What'd Hagrid want"

"To show me the first task."

"What?"

"He showed me the dragons that are the first task"

Now I was wide away. I Shot up.

"Dragons!" I said.

"Shh people are sleeping!"

"Sorry. Dragons"

"Yeah. They brought the four. One for each of us."