Chapter 8: Walk In The Moonlight

Y/n pov

Harry showed us the map and I immediately took it from him. He looked at me confused as I looked at it. My dad's map is right in front of my eyes.

"Those Weasles. They never told me about any marauders map. Did they tell you y/n" ron asked.

"No, because they know they'd never get it back after they put it in my hands."

"Shit."Harry mumbled "forgot you liked this stuff" I stuck my tongue out at him as we kept walking

"He won't keep it. He'll turn it into Professor McGonagall right Harry" Hermione said.

"Bloody likely," I said. I handed him back the map.

"Sure along with the invisibility cloak?"

Then we heard the sound of a hammer and saw Madame Rosmerta.

"Oh look. Madame Rosmerta. Ron fancy her" I said.

"Not true!" Ron said hitting my bad arm. I hissed in pain and rubbed my arm "That's what you get ass"

"I'm not an ass you are"

We saw her talking to Fudge and McGonagall before they said they had some business to discuss.

"About what?" She asked McGonagall whispered something before Madam Rosmerta said it out loud "Harry Potter!"

"Shh," they pushed her inside. I looked over to see Harry but only saw Hermione and footprints in the snow. Some new ones showed up going to the door. We followed quickly and Hermione opened the door when the stupid heads yelled at us for being underage. We sat down and waited for Harry to come out. Then we saw the door open and footsteps walking out we quickly followed running through a group of people singing until we were just outside the village. He was sitting on a rock with the cloak still over him. Hermione went over and kneeled in front of him. She slowly pulled the cloak off. He was crying and my heart broke for him.

"Harry, what happened?" Hermione asked.

"He was their friend. He had a daughter. He killed my parents. He betrayed my parents and his daughter." Harry said. My chest tightened and felt evening spinning.

"Did they say who his daughter was?" Hermione asked.

"No, just that she was in our year and the same house. They said she got really badly scared that night. Up her arms and to her neck."

It started getting hard to breathe. I felt as if I was trapped underwater as I thought of what would happen if he found out it was me.

"She thinks she's helping him get to me," Harry said. My breathing became unstable. I slowly stepped away before going back to the village to try and get a breath. I ran into a couple of people in my dizzy state until I leaned against a wall in an alley.

Harry pov

I looked up from the ground and only saw ron and Hermione.

"Where's y/n" I asked.

"What?" Hermione turned around and didn't see her.

"Did we leave her behind?" Ron asked.

"No way we left her behind," I said. They shrugged at me. Something is not right.

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆

Y/n pov

I stayed in the astronomy tower for a long time today until I was able to go to Remus after dark. He was at one of the desks. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Harry gonna hate me" I mumbled

"Why"

"He heard a conversation McGonagall was having and heard dad had a daughter. Someone said they think I'm helping Dad kill him."

"Does he know it's you"

"No"

"Then why would he hate you"

"What's he gonna say when he finds out" I whispered. I felt tears sting behind my eyes. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side

"Nothing"

"It's not going to be nothing. He's gonna be furious"

Then we heard talking in the hall. We both sat up a little. He nodded towards the door and grabbed his wand. I followed after him. We then saw Snape and Harry in the hallway. Snape had the map in his hand.

"Professor" Moony said walking up.

"Ah hello, lupin. Diggory. Enjoying a walk in the moonlight." He said I glared at him.

"Harry are you all right" Moony asked.

"That is yet to be seen," Snape said. "I have just confiscated a rather curious artifact. Take a look lupin. Seems to be your area of expertise. Filled with dark magic"

"I seriously doubt that severus" Harry looked at me basically pleading with me not to say anything. Moony laughed a little. "It looks as though it is a parchment that insults anyone who tries to read it. I suspect it's a zonkos product." Snape went to grab it back. "Nevertheless I will take a look. After all, as you said it is my area of expertise. Harry would come with me. Y/n as well. Goodnight professor"

We walked down the hall and Harry moved to walk next to me as we made it to the Dada office.

"I haven't the faintest idea how this got into your possession but quite frankly I'm astounded you didn't turn it in. Did it never occur to you that this is a map and in the hands of Sirius black..."

"No sir"

"Your father was never much for rules either. But he and your mother gave their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the halls unprotected with a killer on the loose seems like a poor way to repay them. Now I will not cover for you again. Do you hear me?"

"Yes sir"

"Now go straight to your dorm and stay there. And no detours I'll know" he said holding up the map. Harry looked over at me. I smiled a little before he gave a small smile and started to walk out. Moony started to head to the stairs when Harry spoke again.

"Professor I don't think that maps always works. I was looking at it earlier and saw someone in the castle I know to be dead"

"Who would that be"

"Peter Petegrew"

Moony looked over at me and I raised my eyebrows saying I told you so for all the fights we had where he didn't believe Dad was innocent. He looked back at Harry

"That's not possible"

"Just what I saw. Goodnight professor"

Then he walked out

"I told you" I hissed

"I'll take a look at it. You should head to bed to"

"OK bye"

"Night pup"

I ran out the door and caught up with Harry.

"Sorry I didn't stay with you guys at Hogsmeade the other day" I whispered

"Where did you go" he asked softly.

"I didn't know where you guys went. We saw you walk out and then run through those singers and then I got lost trying not to run into them"

"Ok," he looked over at me. "Why were you at Lupins" he asked.

"I needed a potion and Snape doesn't like me all too much"

"I wouldn't have guessed" he said with a small smile.

"No way Snape hates me"

"Sometimes I think he hates you more than he hates me"

I laughed a little right as we made it to the portrait

"Probably"

We walked into the common room.

"See you in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah. Goodnight n/n"

"Night Harry"