Chapter 23: Paper Ball

Y/n pov

We were sitting in the great hall doing work for Snape. I don't really know. I was sitting a little away from the trio doing work with another girl from class. I heard the boys hush whispers before Snape came over and hit the back of their heads. Then after he walked away they started again with Hermione joining for a moment. I tried desperately to ignore them but I knew what they were talking about. Dates.

Yesterday was the last day of me and Fred deal and he met me in the common room last night

*last night.

"So," Fred said plopping down on the couch next to me with George sitting on the armrest "did he ask you?"

"No," I said looking over at him. He sighed.

"Wow. He's fucking blind that's all I'm saying" Fred said.

"Alrighty then...we need to know who," George said. "So Fred can ask in front of him and I can prank him later"

I laughed a little before letting out a small sigh.

"It's Harry" I whispered. Fred's sympathetic smile dropped.

"Harry?! Is that why he was giving me a fucking death glare"  Fred asked.

"Well, obviously not. He didn't ask me so no"

"What a git" George mumbled. I gave him a small smile.

"Well, we do have a block with him tomorrow. I can do it then"

"Alright."

*present

I was brought back to what I was doing when a crumbled-up paper hit my arm. I looked up and saw Fred looking over at me. He pointed at me then him and mouthed dance with me. I nodded and he looked over at Harry and Ron. I looked back at my paper but not without noticing Harry's jaw clenched and a quick glare at the top of Fred's head. I finished my task before standing up and handing it to Snape and Hermione followed quickly after me looking a little pissed. I sighed before grabbing my stuff and following her out.

"Hermione!" I yelled down the hall. She turned around with an annoyed look before she realized it was me.

"Y/n," she said with a small smile.

"What did those idiots say"

"Well after Fred asked you Ron looked at me and said you're a girl and then thought I was going alone"

"Wait someone asked you?"

"Oh right. Victor Krum" she said quietly

"What!" I basically yelled. Her eyes widened and she put her hand on my mouth.

"Shhh" she hissed

"When," I asked muffled

"Last week," she said taking her hand off my mouth. "I had said maybe hoping someone would ask but he didn't so I'm actually on my way to say yes to Viktor."

"I'm so happy for you" We walked down the hall before she looked at me.

"So you and Fred?"

"Friends," I said quickly

"What? He asked you"

"We made a deal. He saw that they needed dress robes and said if the person I wanted to ask me didn't ask me five days after the actual announcement he'd ask me in front of him"

"Oh" then her eyes widened. "Oh! He did it in front of ha-"

"Hermione!"

"Right right...so Harry..." she whispered