Chapter 22: The Deal Is On

Y/n pov

I walked back up to the common room and saw Harry Ron and Hermione in the common room.

"What's happening? Are you two not fighting?!" I asked excitedly.

"Not fighting," Harry said. I smiled before sitting down next to Harry. He smiled at me.

"There been too much anxiety this day" I mumbled. Harry nodded next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rubbed my arm a little.

.-.-.-.-

We were sitting in the great hall. I was sat next to Harry. He was staring over at the Ravenclaw table. The next thing I knew he was spilling the water he had just drank. I looked up and saw Cho and her friends looking at him. I sighed and went back to picking at my breakfast.

"Look at this! I can't believe she's done it again. Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow." Hermione said reading over the latest rit a skeeta article.

"She's no good" I mumbled. Hermione nodded. Then Nigle came over to Ron.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley," he said handing him a package.

"Thank you Nigel," he said. The boy stood there looking at Harry before ron looked back at him. "Not now Nigel. Go on later"  Nigel then ran off. I looked at Ron confused for a moment. He looked up at me. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," he said before putting his package on the table. "Oh look Mum sent me something" he opened it up and pulled out a brown piece of clothing. "Mum sent me a dress?"

"It does match your eyes does it come with a bonnet" Harry said standing up and pulling the bonnet out. I laughed a little and looked at Ron's disgusted reaction. He walked over to Ginny.

"Ginny these must be yours." He said to Ginny.

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly" she said. I laughed more with Hermione. Ron turned and looked at Hermione

"What are you on about"

"Those aren't for ginny" she started. "There for you. There dress robes" she said. I laughed a little more and put my hand over my mouth to hide it.

"Dress robes? For what?"

.-.-.-.-

We were in one of the other big rooms split into boys and girls with every gryfindor in the school.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." McGonagall said. The boys groaned loudly but Fred just looked at me with a smile and a cheeky wink. "Silence. The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by acting like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons"

Fred whispered something to George and they both started saying something quickly.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." McGovern counted. Ron whispered something to Seamus and McGonagall saw. "Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasly, will you join me." She said. He hesitated before standing up. He walked over to her and I held back a laugh. She instructed him to put his hand on her waist. Harry whispered something to the twins. Once they finished showing how to dance she called everyone up yet no one moved. Then Neville got up and asked someone and everyone followed. Fred made a beeline for me. He held out his hand to me.

"You take my hand and the deals on little lady," he said with a small smirk.

"Then deals on," I said grabbing his hand. He smiled at me before he put his hand on my waist and pulled me to the dance floor.

After a little while Fred looked over his shoulder.

"Harry's giving me a death glare," he said with a small laugh.

"You are dancing with one of his best friends."

"Ron's not glaring at me"

"That's 'cause it's your brother. He just wants to leave."

Harry pov

I wasn't really focused on who I was dancing with or what exactly I was doing. All I could focus on was them. He had his hand on her waist and she had a smile on her face. He chose to dance with her so quickly that there was no time to even think about going to her. He kept whispering things into her ear and she'd laugh or give him a look. Every time I saw them together I felt like I got stabbed with a dagger over and over and over again. He glanced over at me before looking down at her. I had turned to try and learn this stupid activity. Once the music finished I saw him kiss her hand before McGonagall dismissed us. I went to grab my bag when Fred did as well. He grabbed his bag before looking at me.

"You might need so much practice mate. You looked like a baby deer." He said with a small laugh.

"Yeah," I said quietly and quickly.

"Don't forget about a date" he said starting to walk away. "You might just miss the date you want," he said before walking out. I sighed before putting my bag over my shoulder.

"You coming, mate!" Ron asked with Hermione and y/n next to him.

"Yeah coming"