zero . the man

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

        The first time I saw the man, it was pouring rain outside in London

        The first time I saw the man, it was pouring rain outside in London. I stood with no umbrella, my hair was already soaked along with my formal clothes, it was the first time I was ever asked out, but I was stood up. The person didn't show. Then, all of a sudden, the rain didn't pour down on me anymore.

I lifted my head and saw the man for the very first time. He stared at me as the rain soaked into his clothes. His face was covered by the dark, the streetlights being greedy and not shining any light on him. "Take it. It's yours" He motioned to the yellow umbrella he held, my lips trembled from the cold and because of the rather attractive sounding man that offered me his umbrella. When I took that umbrella from his hand, my fingers brushed his, then I felt his presence around me ever since.

I'd often look out my window at night when I couldn't sleep, it reminded me of all the other people that couldn't sleep. But one night, I was shocked to find scratches near the lock on my window after I pushed the curtains aside, as if someone had tried to pry it open. I felt the man's presence again.

I saw a man one time, I thought he was the man I had been feeling the presence of, but I'm not sure, we were on a train, I looked up from my phone and saw his wide eyes staring back at me, I had never seen so much blood spill from one's nose. His hands were placed formally on his lap as he stared. I began to feel lightheaded and I quickly averted my gaze because of the blood. And when I lifted my gaze back to see if the blood was still there, he was gone. But the drops of blood on the metal floor sent a shiver down my spine and caused a weird type of heaviness in my breathing. That was when I first found out about my phobia.

I work at an office, a large building with cubicles dividing us from our peers. I was a nobody and I didn't mind. I was a good worker, I did my job. So that day when I was called to the bosses office, of course I was scared. I went to the top floor and knocked on the door to the office, when I was allowed inside, my fear seemed to melt away at the sight. "You've got a letter" Mr. Smith (I call him Danny behind his back) held the pink envelope out, I took it and rushed back down the elevator, back to my cubicle. When I opened that letter, that was when I knew my life was no longer bland. You look very pretty. I felt the man's presence again that day.

I worked late for a long period of time, which meant that sometimes I left the building at late hours. I was aware I was a woman living in London, walking in the streets at night-- meaning I probably wasn't safe, which is why I often drove my car to the office. My flat wasn't far from where I worked. One night, I got inside, I got my mail and went to my room, locked my door, and walked to the kitchen. I didn't know that the letter I had received at the office that day was the start of something terrifying. When I worked late, I'd go home, change my clothes, make food, and watch some show on TV. And I liked it that way. I sat on the couch with my food, as I normally did, but this time, I opened the pink envelope that was in my mailbox before and read it in my head. You have the prettiest smile I've ever seen. I didn't scream, or cry, I set the letter on the coffee table, and ate my food. That was the last time I felt the man's presence.

But that was only because I no longer saw him, I forgot how tall he was, I forgot the feeling of his fingers against mine, I mean, what else was I supposed to describe? I've never seen his face. Something I realized was he disappeared as soon as I started receiving the letters. I understand that people in my situation would go to the police, cry, call their family. But I had no one close to me except my peers and one friend (and the few family members that call me for help), and the fact that someone was infatuated with me, it only excited me.. though I still had nightmares that I'd come face to face with this stalker, I liked it how to was. To me, it was like secret admirer. That was until I got the third note. Your hair is so soft and smells of everything sweet. I rushed to my window because of the memory of the scratches and pry marks, and I saw the lock had been picked off. I lived on the second floor, the person must've been tall to reach my window, the first floor was at least six and a half feet tall, (the building was built a while back, I hadn't done any research but maybe people were shorter back then).

That was the day I told myself I'd do something about the stalker. What I decided to do definitely was not the smartest thing I could've done but it helped-- I adopted a black lab, her name was Teddy, (which I believe some little boy gave her the name), though I didn't change it because it was the only name she responded too. But I'm glad I adopted her, one night I was asleep and she barked, when I woke up I saw her barking at the window, I opened my window and peaked outside to see a man in aheago hoodie running off, his hood was up and he wore black jeans, which hid his identity from me entirely. I fed Teddy the rest of the lunch meat in my fridge that night.

Lucky me, that was three months ago. Now I just get the love notes, I call them that to make me feel better. There's still a lot I haven't spoken about, like my best friend, his name is Jared, inseparable since age sixteen. So when he was tugged into this mess (which was obviously my fault), of course I felt guilty. I also stream, my office job is a nine to five minimum wage pay, it's shit.. and I know everyone would agree with me. I wasn't a big streamer, I average almost two thousand views a stream. But the fans paid me, and well. Though it wasn't enough for me to quit my office job. I had a common fan that donated every stream, (I don't stream often though because of my full-time job) He was always there, every stream. His donations were fucking weird, but he'd donate a lot. Some being: I wanna be the guy that you fall asleep on call with and I'll make you forget every guy that came before me (when really I've been with no one except for the person that stood me up), it was so creepy that I often wrote them down if I ever needed to report him. Two other ones being: 'Cause I like you and you like my attention and Let's skip to the good bit let's consummate our internet connection.

The fact that he stated he wanted to consummate our "relationship", I wouldn't even call it that. That last donation was last month, and the last time I streamed was last week, his latest donation was sweeter than his others. That being: you have the prettiest smile I've ever seen.

I pause, removing my pencil from the notebook paper (I was told to write all this by the policemen if anything happens again), I stare at what I just wrote. I place a hand over my mouth. "There's no way.. could they, possibly be the same people..?" I mutter to myself. Of course, it was a common compliment, but just the way the robot read the donation out, it felt like they were the same people. I slam my notebook shut, dropping my pencil on my desk and pushing my chair away from the desk, I roll over to my phone that rested on my nightstand. I grab it and call Jared.

"What's up..?" He yawns right after picking up my phone call.

I slap my hand on my nightstand, I hear a noise of surprise come from his mouth on the other end. "I need to talk to you tomorrow at work"

Froggie speaks!I'm excited :DAlso I don't like this chapter, or the beginning ones

Froggie speaks!
I'm excited :D
Also I don't like this chapter, or the beginning ones. BUT STAY WITH ME PLEASE